How do women do when rolling against men?

This came up again on the general board, and I'm sure you guys could speak from some actual experience.

I'm also sure that it depends a lot on the individual people involved. But can you provide some general info? Do black belt women compete evenly with black belt men? Do they have to compete with guys at a lower-level to have an even match? How important is the size?

Any info is appreciated.

Gabi-Garcia.0_standard_709.0.0.0.jpg

Comere little man

That is striking. Wanderlei is not a skinny dude, and Gabby dwarfs him in this picture. Good hell.
And thats Wandy "not dehydraded at the weigh-ins" either

Last edited:
Woman do pretty bad against men, even though for some, probably pc reason, 99% of guys will tell you otherwise.

The best part about having a female training partner in an environment full of dudes is when another female of similar grappling level appears.

You know they're gonna go at it like it's the last 10 seconds of a fight to earn gold and they are down on points.

black belt female and purple belt male of same size can be very competitive

ok, im either the only one honest or every other gym has way more beastly women than mine, which is weird cuz we have had several mundial champs at different levels (altho not black or no real top of the line black belt competitors yet, either, i think that day might come but its hard to really say).

ime the average black belt competitive female loses to the average purple belt hobbyists male. not saying world class on either side tho, ive never seen that equation. i just know im 155 purple belt 30+ yo hobbyist and when i roll with some black belt females i have to keep it playful or i would smash. With almost all purples/blues (including some mundial/nogi worlds champs) i def have to keep it playful.

of course i have a size/strength advantage over all of them. none of them are particularly big. prob the biggest is 135.

It si like that...

You havr to be careful how far you lwt chicks get. I let a girl pass from half guard into mount the other day. I turned to escape and she took my back.

That's when I noticed the strap-on.

I have experienced both ends of the spectrum.. Theres a brown belt female that's real small maybe 115-120 that is really good but the strength and size/weight she gives up makes her play bottom most times more than not. Then we have a 4 stripe blue female that is on the bigger side..not fat by any means but bigger aroun 160 -170 that will absolutely crush most white belt dudes bigger than her. She is a beast but has the size/strength thing going for her

Not a chance... A 130 guy is way way way stronger and durable than a 130 pounds female
Yeah, but that's presumably why he said "black belt woman and PURPLE belt man." If they were equally as strong, female technique would somehow be inherently worse.

Yeah, but that's presumably why he said "black belt woman and PURPLE belt man." If they were equally as strong, female technique would somehow be inherently worse.

world class black belt vs hobbiest purple might be close, a purple belt is already a seasonated grappler, whos A game is very strong (just doesnt have as many games as a black belt) but that A game will be sufficient to crush a woman most of the times...

Purple belt is highest level woman I've rolled with. She had good technique but I had to hold back my strength a lot. I crushed her if I rolled the same way I would with a male purple of the same weight

i think Ariel X from ultimate surrender could do pretty well

Back