Opinion How do we fix our pit bull problem in the United States?

DNA testing. Anything over a certain percentage = sterilized

So you do mandatory dna testing for any dog that somewhat resembles a pit bull? You realize how insanely expensive that would be?

The easy answer would be to just simply ban them like other first world countries have been doing, but I don't think that could happen now because it's not just stupid poor people or overly aggressive types that are into them. I just saw a 110lb woman with about a 60lb male pit with his balls still swinging in the grochery store with one of those fake service dog vests. The thing was growling every time she pulled on its leash. Shit just makes me cringe.

There's been a movement over the last few decades that consists of people that have victimized these dogs and turned the notion of not liking them into some type of discrimination thing. Saying you think these dogs are dangerous is the equivalent of saying you think black people are dangerous to these types. It's like they don't understand the concept of selective breeding or something. The truth is that saying you're not a fan of pit bulls because they're not safe is no different than saying you're not a fan of three wheelers because they're not safe. They're man made.

Withut going into all the stats and common sense reasons as to why only a fucking idiot would want such a dog, this question is more for those that accept that these dogs have no place in society anymore.

How to we fix the problem? ......Special permits.......incredibly harsh penalties......get rid of animal shelters ......require all dogs to be spade or neutered or face confiscation?

10/10 post

Pits make me sad. Many are incredibly loving and happy animals but knowing how they’ve been bread it’s unfortunate what could possibly be in their heads and hearts. They are so hard to trust if you come across one for the first time. That plenty of owners get all uptight over the rest of society claiming they can be dangerous is annoying as hell.... as if each one of them is a pit bull whisperer and knows something the rest 98% of us don’t know.

Why, because your brain randomly decided so?

From: Dog bite injuries to the face: Is there risk with breed ownership? A systematic review with meta-analysis

For you science illiterate folks, systematic reviews and meta-analyses are the highest tier of evidence - compiling the data from multiple studies.

1-s2.0-S0165587618305950-gr1.jpg

1-s2.0-S0165587618305950-gr2.jpg

1-s2.0-S0165587618305950-gr3.jpg

lol

He's correct. Labs have been #1 for bites for years. Think what you want, I guess.

They are so hard to trust if you come across one for the first time

sounds like the problem is you, then. you know that dogs, like many animals, can sense our demeanor and react accordingly, right?

How often do you hear "Oh this labrador is actually really sweet, he didn't mean to maul someone - it's just a bad owner"? Never.
The dog is the determining factor.

umm... not verbatim, obviously. but 3 times. newsflash: other breeds can bite, too.

For some reason I knew you’d be in here as a pit bull apologist.

^ the state of identity politcs today, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm not sure what I dislike more. The people that use this argument as a veiled argument against guns, or the ones who use it as a veiled racist argument.
Who the fuck would use this argument against either of those things?

Guns can't pull their own trigger, and human's even in the times of slavery were never bred for violence or fighting for hundreds of generations.

Who the fuck would use this argument against either of those things?

Guns can't pull their own trigger, and human's even in the times of slavery were never bred for violence or fighting for hundreds of generations.

So we ban pitbulls to save some of the 100 people that die each year by dog attack, because they are capable of deadly consequences, and how are you going to argue that we shouldn't ban guns who kill thousands?

How do we solve are pitbull problems?
Simple we kill them all.

I understand the dislike and concern since my personal disliked breed is dobermans, theyre nasty fucks. Never had a problem with pb's or personally known anyone that did. Humans are naturally wary and afraid of things that could kill them with little effort. I understand, but also disagree and dont have a stake in the issue myself so however it turns out, thats cool with me.

lol

He's correct. Labs have been #1 for bites for years. Think what you want, I guess.
That's a very dishonest comparison though if we're being honest.

It's like saying bicycles are more dangerous than motorcycles because more people wreck on bicycles.

You're not taking into account that more people ride bicycles and the types of accidents associated with bicycles are not the same as the those associated with motorcycles.

Having a lab bite you is not the same as a pitbull mauling you until you're dead or someone pulls it off you.

They literally have to stick broomsticks up these dogs asses to get them to let go when they fight them. The really game ones we'll keep fighting even when you cut their limbs off. This goes back to the whole notion that a lot of pitbull owners have no idea what their dog may be capable of.

I've been around a pit when they lock onto another dog.
They're not like other breeds at all. There are a few out there like a bull terrier or the Jack Russell that can show that type of gameness when they attack something, but pitbulls are simply the best when it comes to that and they're just big enough to get the job done very quickly.

So we ban pitbulls to save some of the 100 people that die each year by dog attack, because they are capable of deadly consequences, and how are you going to argue that we shouldn't ban guns who kill thousands?

My biggest beef with pitbulls is with them killing other people's pets. Human attacks are extremely rare

And yes we ban them because of that.

Guns can't pull their own trigger, and it's a constitutional right. Completely different. Banning a pitbull is no different than Banning the ownership of chimps.

Last edited:
My biggest beef with pitbulls is within killing other people's pets. Human attacks are extremely rare

And yes we paying them because of that.

Guns can't pull their own trigger, and it's a constitutional right. Completely different. Banning a pitbull is no different than Banning the ownership of chimps.

But you can own a chimp. There are more Tigers in Texas than live in the wild.

If you want to make it more difficult to own pitbulls, I don't really care, but the talk of banning them gets the hair on my neck standing on edge. I smell a Trojan horse.

That's a very dishonest comparison though if we're being honest.

It's like saying bicycles are more dangerous than motorcycles because more people wreck on bicycles.

You're not taking into account that more people ride bicycles and the types of accidents associated with bicycles are not the same as the those associated with motorcycles.

Having a lab bite you is not the same as a pitbull mauling you until you're dead or someone pulls it off you.

They literally have to stick broomsticks up these dogs asses to get them to let go when they fight them. The really game ones we'll keep fighting even when you cut their limbs off. This goes back to the whole notion that a lot of pitbull owners have no idea what their dog may be capable of.

I've been around a pit when they lock onto another dog.
They're not like other breeds at all. There are a few out there like a bull terrier or the Jack Russell that can show that type of gameness when they attack something, but pitbulls are simply the best when it comes to that and they're just big enough to get the job done very quickly.

There are a lot of labs, that's true. They are #1 for bites by dogs. That is also true. Facts are facts.

Game dogs aren't very big (40-45 pounds-ish is up there). I know a little about the pit and you clearly don't. Broomsticks up their ass? Cut their limbs off?
OK, then.

FYI a break stick is used on their damn mouth. Back teeth/molars. You put it in like you're opening an oyster or something and that's that.

But you can own a chimp. There are more Tigers in Texas than live in the wild.

If you want to make it more difficult to own pitbulls, I don't really care, but the talk of banning them gets the hair on my neck standing on edge. I smell a Trojan horse.
There a man-made animal.
There's no reason for them to exist.

And no it's not like you can just go to the tiger shelter and adopt a tiger in Texas for $50. I get what you're saying but that's a bad example

There a man-made animal.
There's no reason for them to exist.

And no it's not like you can just go to the tiger shelter and adopt a tiger in Texas for $50. I get what you're saying but that's a bad example

What if I don't like guns, but trust dogs, and have the money or knowledge to either buy, or train a pit for home protection.

Isn't that a good reason to own a pit?

The fact that they are dangerous could actually be a reason to own one.

Do you honestly believe that a pitbull has never stopped a rape of it's owner from happening?

Dogs are pretty awesome animals. Their pack instinct is really strong, so much so that it even supercedes their predator instinct. It's why it was the perfect animal for man's first domestication.

There are a lot of labs, that's true. They are #1 for bites by dogs. That is also true. Facts are facts.

Game dogs aren't very big (40-45 pounds-ish is up there). I know a little about the pit and you clearly don't. Broomsticks up their ass? Cut their limbs off?
OK, then.

FYI a break stick is used on their damn mouth. Back teeth/molars. You put it in like you're opening an oyster or something and that's that.
No, they also use break sticks by inserting them into the dog's asses. My entire family is from Mexico.

They don't cut their limbs off. I was referring to the fact that the most game dogs will still attack while missing limbs.

Yes, most pits of true fighting stock are 40-50lbs at most.

What if I don't like guns, but trust dogs, and have the money or knowledge to either buy, or train a pit for home protection.

Isn't that a good reason to own a pit?

The fact that they are dangerous could actually be a reason to own one.

Do you honestly believe that a pitbull has never stopped a rape of it's owner from happening?

Dogs are pretty awesome animals. Their pack instinct is really strong, so much so that it even supercedes their predator instinct. It's why it was the perfect animal for man's first domestication.
No, they're not good guard dogs.

There's no reason for them other than dog fighting. There are much better breeds for everything. Sad but true.

No, they're not good guard dogs.

There's no reason for them other than dog fighting. There are much better breeds for everything. Sad but true.
Simply not true. And they are great with kids. So great, that circa 1905, they were the #1 choice of families with small children when choosing a dog (USA). They will tolerate a lot of anything from a child, including nutsack pulling, biting, stepping on their paws, etc. Sharp and loyal and a good all-around dog, can hunt and there is no better house/guard dog, IMO.
Pit bull pay no mind. Step on a house beagle's paw and you'll get bit, grab a GSD or lab by the nutsack and you're probably getting stitches.

Different strokes, I guess.

You're like the politician who has no gun experience talking about what we should ban, it seems. Only with dogs.

I understand the dislike and concern since my personal disliked breed is dobermans, theyre nasty fucks. Never had a problem with pb's or personally known anyone that did. Humans are naturally wary and afraid of things that could kill them with little effort. I understand, but also disagree and dont have a stake in the issue myself so however it turns out, thats cool with me.
Silence is consent

I cant support genocide

Simply not true. And they are great with kids. So great, that circa 1905, they were the #1 choice of families with small children when choosing a dog (USA). They will tolerate a lot of anything from a child, including nutsack pulling, biting, stepping on their paws, etc. Sharp and loyal and a good all-around dog, can hunt and there is no better house/guard dog, IMO.
Pit bull pay no mind. Step on a house beagle's paw and you'll get bit, grab a GSD or lab by the nutsack and you're probably getting stitches.

Different strokes, I guess.

You're like the politician who has no gun experience talking about what we should ban, it seems. Only with dogs.
Lol I have more experience with these dogs than anyone on this thread. That's why I'm not a fan, but carry on with your bullshit nanny dog propaganda....smh

Back