How do we discourage stupid people with poor character from reproducing?

Remove the warning do not ingest labels from bleach. Let nature take its course.

I assume in your eugenics fantasy you are exempt from the culling of defecient genes?

When you make reproduction a privilege rather than a birthright, you can implement tests and licensing so giving birth without meeting some kind of minimum requirement is illegal. I am usually against taking rights away from people, but in light of the recent news of parents starving their baby to death because of religion is building a strong case for it.

We can't even convince posters that have been banned multiple times to take the hint

lol I was going to say all of these things. Beers all around for you gentlemen.

The answer TS, is of course to invent a plague that destroys the reproductive capability of everyone on this planet. If you want to do this in some kind of non-genocidal way, you'll also need the cure which is doled out to people that pass a testing process like adoption. That'll also require a one world government with standardized requirements or you'll get some dystopia shit where a corporation gets to tell people who reproduces and who doesn't. Anyone that doesn't like it will just die off at some point. Not a bad set up for a megalomaniac with long term thinking.

I mean you're talking about a welfare state. Where? In the US? Canada? The entire world doesn't work that way. The closest thing we've ever seen to an attempt at mass forced population control that didn't involve beheading people was China's One Child policy. And boy gee golly, read up on how that has gone the last thirty years. There's 7.6 billion people on this planet and most of them live in Asia. Any population control measures run through the East but don't you worry, sooner or later we're going to get some form of population control. Nature's been clipping wings for 4.5 billion years, if things reach a critical mass, there's going to be a reckoning. Be glad that you probably won't live to see it.

I hate the idea of eugenics because it's a real slippery slope to try to implement it in an objective, logical fashion. I can see all sorts of shit going terribly wrong it.
But I have met people who I really think should not reproduce for the sake of the children who will be born to a life of psychological torture at the very least. And I include myself in this pool because I don't want to have children. One day I'll truly exempt myself from the gene pool by getting a vasectomy.

The answer TS, is of course to invent a plague that destroys the reproductive capability of everyone on this planet. If you want to do this in some kind of non-genocidal way, you'll also need the cure which is doled out to people that pass a testing process like adoption. That'll also require a one world government with standardized requirements or you'll get some dystopia shit where a corporation gets to tell people who reproduces and who doesn't. Anyone that doesn't like it will just die off at some point. Not a bad set up for a megalomaniac with long term thinking.

I mean you're talking about a welfare state. Where? In the US? Canada? The entire world doesn't work that way. The closest thing we've ever seen to an attempt at mass forced population control that didn't involve beheading people was China's One Child policy. And boy gee golly, read up on how that has gone the last thirty years. There's 7.6 billion people on this planet and most of them live in Asia. Any population control measures run through the East but don't you worry, sooner or later we're going to get some form of population control. Nature's been clipping wings for 4.5 billion years, if things reach a critical mass, there's going to be a reckoning. Be glad that you probably won't live to see it.
Africa is forecasted to equal or surpass Asia in population.
6c47a1387e35640abe8a89101681f84e.png

India will be the most populous nation, followed by China and Nigeria. The Americas will have modest gains while Europe and eastern Asia shrinks.

and these numbers underestimate the effects of climate change. It will force humanity to adjust our habits as entire habitable zones are no longer viable for population settlement. There will be great migrations and much suffering to come.

Thoughts? Should people with low IQ's and/or a low level of intelligence be encouraged not to reproduce by some means?

The best idea I can come up with is to eliminate the welfare state, which would discourage dummies from creating more dummies.

Whatever keeps people like you from slipping through the cracks, I'm all for.

Thoughts? Should people with low IQ's and/or a low level of intelligence be encouraged not to reproduce by some means?

The best idea I can come up with is to eliminate the welfare state, which would discourage dummies from creating more dummies.

Maybe concentrate them together in some kind of camp?

Education and contraception.

It's pretty simple, but unfortunately god hates them so politicians do too.

How well has lack of welfare kept African populations in check?

In all seriousness...educate them.
Societies with high education levels tend to populate less. China is a major exception. But take a look at naturalized birth rates of any first world nation and they are almost always less than immigrants or 2nd and 3rd world.

How do you mean China is an exception?

Fairly well educated with a moderate birthrate iirc.

Stop paying them to have kids. In Australia you get tax breaks and allowances just for popping one out. Everyone gets it...Should be paying that to people who don't want kids

As an Aussie with 2 kids I find this factual wrong.

Can you go into detail?

Education and contraception.

It's pretty simple, but unfortunately god hates them so politicians do too.

I tend to think as well that a large poor workforce isn't really viewed as a negative either.

In terms of resource use it's not people that are the problem it's lifestyle.

A single first world baby will use dozens of times more resources than a 3rd worlder.

The issue is how not the how many.

Right. Because in countries with no welfare state people have very few children?

Might I suggest you don't have kids?

Maybe concentrate them together in some kind of camp?

You'd have to come up with some kind of cool name for it though. Maybe call it... Camp Concentration ? That way it kind of sounds like a holiday place?

People in poorest countries tend to have a lot of kids. This pretty much keeps them poor as they are merely surviving and they keep having them.

That awkward moment when you realize Thanos' logic/viewpoint/moral ground is a completely legitimate topic right now, just on a planetary scale rather than universal.

Seriously. We are already at over 7 BILLION people and we ALREADY cant support them. Hundreds of thousands die every single day from lack of resources. And then you consider the rate of population increase is only going to increase.....dramatically.

AND THEN YOU CONSIDER POLLUTION AND ENVIORNMENT DESTRUCTION.

The world is already being turned to shit. Trillions of tons of pollution is just being piled up and it's not going anywhere. Think about the state of the planet 20 years from now, while 15 billion people are on the fucking planet.

I can only hope that shit doesn't come crashing and burning down while I am alive. It's going to though. Sooner than later.

Back