How do vacations affect training?

ur cardio will suffer a little but your mind will get a well needed rest, when u get back u may feel like u r rolling better than b4

I find when I'm forced to take time off, when I go back I do better than before. Fresh thinking for the win

You will feel it the first week back but after that you will be fine, really it will give you time to rest and sometimes 2 weeks off or a week off of not thinking or doing bjj/grappling can do wonders for you .

So I came back on Sunday and my first day back on Monday was pretty bad. My cardio didn't suffer - it was actually better, but my technique was terrible. I got my butt kicked left and right. Tuesday however was much better. I hope it goes well tonight.

It felt so good to relax. When I came back my body felt rested. When I train every day, I start to feel my elbows and knees hurting slightly...even my shoulders. My joints felt better.

I just have to keep focusing on my technique.

Been away from training like 3-4 weeks

stuff still worked

was really worried about cardio as I have partied some but maybe stuff worked because I focused on technique

I always look for a place to train when I go on vacation. I like rolling with new people. One of my best vacations was to Maui. I was able to train with Luis Heredia for a week. He had a lot of really good students to roll with and he was a great teacher and a really nice guy. He stayed after class and talked to me for about an hour about jiu jitsu one day. That was great that he would take the time to talk with some stranger that showed at his gym. I asked him if Rickson was as good as everyone says and he said in 22 years that he trained with him he never saw him get tapped out. He said he has seen everyone of the top BJJ guys get tapped in training but no one was ever able to make Rickson tap.

Back