How do the Glory rankings work?

Krush wasn't a spinoff org. It was a complete different org owned by Good Loser. K-1 was owned by FEG.
I was simplifying it a bit. The origin of Krush is messy, but originally it was meant to be an one off partnership between FEG and All Japan Kickboxing to experiment with the lighter weights.

When All Japan failed due to its own bag of insanity, Good Loser was created with FEG sponsorship to host Krush as a recurring event.

We still don't know whats the deal with the video library. Apparently GLORY bought that out from the TV networks, but EMCOM disputed it. But judging by the fact that UFC Fight Pass is carrying Glory and orld K-1 WGP fights, EMCOM hasn't really done shit about that either.

I would bet that the K-1 WGP rights held by Fuji are in Glory hands. Global can say whatever it wants, but neither K-1 Japan nor Fuji have been comfortable using vid footage of those events. I imagine TBS hasn't parted with the MAX footage since those aren't up on Fight Pass.

I was simplifying it a bit. The origin of Krush is messy, but originally it was meant to be an one off partnership between FEG and All Japan Kickboxing to experiment with the lighter weights.

When All Japan failed due to its own bag of insanity, Good Loser was created with FEG sponsorship to host Krush as a recurring event.

I would bet that the K-1 WGP rights held by Fuji are in Glory hands. Global can say whatever it wants, but neither K-1 Japan nor Fuji have been comfortable using vid footage of those events. I imagine TBS hasn't parted with the MAX footage since those aren't up on Fight Pass.

I've mentioned before the last time i posted in this section a few months ago, I used to be a huge K-1 fan and was on K-1FANS forum. I was saying from back then FEG is dog shit and what I hate about the org, and how its not feasible and intentionally stunted its own growth.

I could repeat those same complaints point for point. But its a waste of time.

But the fact that FEG didn't even own their own footage just shows the extent of how much of a TURD of a company they were. I figured it out from the moment this dispute broke out that Fuji and TBS were the real owners (or majority owners). EMCOM is stupid for not buying out the rights to it first, because GLORY got it cheap! If i had money id buy it myself, it was like any individual could have purchased it no venture capital necessary!

And what does EMCOM do exactly, their main business? Because they handled K-1 worse than FEG did. At least FEG knew how to operate camera equipment and lighting.

I've mentioned before the last time i posted in this section a few months ago, I used to be a huge K-1 fan and was on K-1FANS forum. I was saying from back then FEG is dog shit and what I hate about the org, and how its not feasible and intentionally stunted its own growth.

Tanikawa actually did this huge multi-part interview recently talking about how exactly he let everything fall apart.

The gist of it was that "Hey, I mean its not my fault we got carried away with the freakshow fights. We put on a few shows like that for Nippon TV then TBS and Fuji started clamoring for them as well, couldn't stop it. And yeah, we totally saw the UFC coming and tried to do Dynamite USA to preempt the US market. Not my fault HMC fell out. And we were gonna do Tyson vs Sapp and got the contract too. How was I to know I can't get a convict through the Japanese VISA program"

Just an endless stream of could haves and would haves that totally miss the point that its his sloppy execution that was always the problem

Tanikawa actually did this huge multi-part interview recently talking about how exactly he let everything fall apart.

The gist of it was that "Hey, I mean its not my fault we got carried away with the freakshow fights. We put on a few shows like that for Nippon TV then TBS and Fuji started clamoring for them as well, couldn't stop it. And yeah, we totally saw the UFC coming and tried to do Dynamite USA to preempt the US market. Not my fault HMC fell out. And we were gonna do Tyson vs Sapp and got the contract too. How was I to know I can't get a convict through the Japanese VISA program"

Just an endless stream of could haves and would haves that totally miss the point that its his sloppy execution that was always the problem

I blamed Tanikawa for FEG's dogshit business plans and the way they structured their company. He's a former magazine reporter turned head of a multi-million dollar company. Has ZERO business experience. It was like putting a monkey in charge of a power plant, what could go wrong?

I was very appreciative of GLORY when they came in to the scene. I felt like they were doing everything I wanted K-1 to do**.... except they fell short and didn't quite do it all***. I stopped watching shortly after. And i believe so did most people.

** 1. Actually get international TV rights. K-1 held shows around the word but didn't even air around the world. They expected networks to come to them instead of approaching the networks. They aired on Eurosport, and then HDNet in the US (which didn't even exist in the 2000s), both fringe networks most people never watched. Don't think they made much licensing fees from either.

2. Introduce weight-classes and singles-matches, instead of a run-down tournament format with grandpas fighting the same guys for the 5th or 7th time. The WGP prevented new blood, and created a perpetual GATEKEEPER effect with only 2 or 3 new stars a year. It was obvious to me Japanese fans were tired of watching the same shit over and over. Which is why MAX gave the company new life, but then MAX became the same broken-record and their main star Masato retired as well. It was down hill from there.

*** The weight-classes are not good enough. GLORY copied the MMA weight-classes (Unified Rules), which doesn't suit kickboxing as well. They still kept doing tournaments, just now mini-tournaments each event. When they should be going all out UFC or boxing format. These are what I wanted K-1 to do, if they had they would be as big as MMA and UFC right now.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Glory champs are good but other than them being at the top of the list just ignore the Glory rankings they're more or less meaningless. They've just randomly bumped people's points so they're up a spot higher and it sounds better to say ranked 5th or 6th instead of 7th. And yeah a bunch of times also a fighters contractual situation with the promotion clearly decided where they were ranked. Petrosyan kept slipping in the rankings when it was clear he wouldn't be fighting for Glory anymore whilst other fighters with 0 or 1 wins somehow kept steady over him.

*got away=died of every form of cancer known to man

Someone also bought the body and kept going around exhibiting it. Eventually someone cloned it and the clone looks pretty good so far. The cancer corpse might still be around though, nobody really knows.
Petrosyan there is a current name I know, I've heard he is one of the greatest kickboxers of the last 20 years, but haven't seen him fight yet. Why is he not fighting in Glory, and where can I watch him fight now if you know? I'm in the US so I don't know if that makes it impossible to watch him if he's fighting in his native Armenia/Italy?

Petrosyan there is a current name I know, I've heard he is one of the greatest kickboxers of the last 20 years, but haven't seen him fight yet. Why is he not fighting in Glory, and where can I watch him fight now if you know? I'm in the US so I don't know if that makes it impossible to watch him if he's fighting in his native Armenia/Italy?
He has had a couple of incidents and injuries im the last few years so he is not fighting that often. Just look his old fights up on google he is pretty amazing.

Current top fighters in the same weight class include Sittichai, Superbon and Marat Grigorian.

Current top fighters in the same weight class include Sittichai, Superbon a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶a̶t̶ ̶G̶r̶i̶g̶o̶r̶i̶a̶n̶
I agree.

The weight class does seem pretty thin these days.

Rankings are easy.. If you fight out of Hemmers gym or Mike's Gym, you are 1 win away from a title shot!

Petrosyan did have a few fights in Glory but he's not in his prime anymore since being KO'd and having repetitive injuries. You should watch the K-1 Max events, you'll see him in his prime there.

He still fights in Bellator against some cans nowadays that's where you can watch him fight.

Petrosyan did have a few fights in Glory but he's not in his prime anymore since being KO'd and having repetitive injuries. You should watch the K-1 Max events, you'll see him in his prime there.

He still fights in Bellator against some cans nowadays that's where you can watch him fight.
Is there a good spot to catch most of his career in his prime? I know I've found several Max events in parts on Youtube. As far as being Ko'ed once, Aerts, Hug, Hoost, Le Banner even Hari have been ko'ed a dozen times a piece (some less but still almost double digits) did 1 Ko stoppage really effect that much? Petrosyan is still only 32, most of the other fighters I named fought well into their late 30's at a prime level, has Petroysan really fallen off that much?

Petro is still good but he cherry picks opponents, he doesn't fight the top tier fighters anymore. His '09 and '10 Max GP wins are him at his peak, two of the most dominant wins in the history of K1 Max.

Is there a good spot to catch most of his career in his prime? I know I've found several Max events in parts on Youtube. As far as being Ko'ed once, Aerts, Hug, Hoost, Le Banner even Hari have been ko'ed a dozen times a piece (some less but still almost double digits) did 1 Ko stoppage really effect that much? Petrosyan is still only 32, most of the other fighters I named fought well into their late 30's at a prime level, has Petroysan really fallen off that much?

Most of his fights are on youtube, and most of the K-1 Max WGP full events are on youtube with English commentary (in particular K-1 Max 2009 and 2010 finals).

The difference is that when Petrosyan got KO'd he had already cemented himself as one of the greatest in Kickboxing prior to getting KO'd so didn't have much to prove anyway + he was already having a lot injuries like breaking his hands several times etc. After that KO he didn't fight again for more than a year and pretty much only against lesser opponents.

Petrosyan hasn't really fallen off much in regards to skills but more so desire and motivation. He basically took the same route as Buakaw and honestly it's probably the smartest move career wise for former top #1 guys.

Back