How do sherdoggers think dominick cruz would do against taller opponents with a longer reach?

chirpsman

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Dominick cruz talks up his style a lot but I can't help but wonder whether or not it would be effective against a taller opponent with a larger reach. Everyone he has faced(If I am not mistaken)has been shorter than him, and Cruz has been able to keep them at bay with his long punches and unpredictable movement. This makes me question whether or not he deserves to be the 3rd best p4p ufc fighter as he hasn't tested his ability against larger guys at the top level. People like conor mcgregor, dj and jon jones have shown that they can fight well against larger opponents aswell, and are much deserving of the top p4p positions.
Opinions?

I imagine hed be able to land takedowns against a higher center of gravity and implement a ground and pound game

I believe he'd have better takedowns and ground and pound his way to a tko, but other than that I believe he wouldn't really make it far.

Imagine I would that he'd be able to land takedowns against a higher center of gravity and implement a ground and pound game.

Dominick cruz talks up his style a lot but I can't help but wonder whether or not it would be effective against a taller opponent with a larger reach. Everyone he has faced(If I am not mistaken)has been shorter than him, and Cruz has been able to keep them at bay with his long punches and unpredictable movement. This makes me question whether or not he deserves to be the 3rd best p4p ufc fighter as he hasn't tested his ability against larger guys at the top level. People like conor mcgregor, dj and jon jones have shown that they can fight well against larger opponents aswell, and are much deserving of the top p4p positions.
Opinions?
I dont believe in P4P stuff...Its the same thing as trying to measure GOAT. Everyones gonna have a different opinion. Its to tough of a thing to compare, like I said evryones opinions will be different so p4p talk I dont look into much. That how I feel

Mizugaki had a longer reach than him & so did Dave Hisqierdo who he fought at LW or FW...don't remember which one. Dave is also 5'11".

Dom would also beat George Roop if they were to fight... :p

I think that if Dom's leg holds up then he will find a way to overcome.

Mizugaki had a longer reach than him & so did Dave Hisqierdo who he fought at LW or FW...don't remember which one. Dave is also 5'11".

Dom would also beat George Roop if they were to fight... :p

Mizugaki had a larger reach by .5 inches lol. Doms style basically adds a few inches to his reach anyway so imo that one doesn't count. As for his fight with Dave Hisquierdo, that was a long time ago and at a much lower level. I'd love to see him fight someone taller and with a longer reach today

Cruz is getting older
I think he'll have already hard time to beat Cody

Back