How do people think that jiu jitsu has no place in a street fight?

i know people who have never been in a fight.

I was being facetious, I'm sure I can find someone..my point is that they aren't THAT rare of an occurrence. They happen less and less as I got older but hell growing up? I got in a lot and I don't think I've ever started one...a few I could of walked away from like I'd more than likely do now...but some were unavoidable.

Like the one time I bumped into a guy on accident and made him spill his drink on himself..he swung at me AS I was saying "Oooh, I'm sorry"...there was no talking my way out of that one.

I have been in plenty but haven't been in one in about 8 years :(

lots of people are like "there are only fights involving 1 on 20 or involving fists vs m16 or the eye gouge/sac shot"
-these are the people who have not been in a fight and they will be the first to say that bjj is useless and just run.

or you have people that say "you throw up a trianlge in a street fight and blah blah blah...."

truth is that BJJ is position before submission: so in a street fight you want to first get a dominant position and then I would say to pound them out.

^ Truth, this is how I won most of my fights BEFORE I even knew Jiu-Jitsu..this or a rear naked choke...if it wasn't me winning that way..it was because it was almost immediately broke up by a bouncer or a friends or a crowd or something.

Of all the "I would just _____" responses to BJJ in a streetfight, this is by far the most retarded. How the hell are you going to bite someone's face when you're in a triangle? Are you a giraffe?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think BJJ is the be all end all of streetfighting (I think it is effective and can be used in more situations than people think), but your statement is just dumb.

Duh Slam him and bite his face

rampage-arona.gif

BJJ isn't always practical in street fighting.
It's good for ground escapes or sweeps if you're on your back, but if someone threw a triangle up and was about to choke me unconscious I'd bite their face to avoid getting put out. And most people would jump in if they thought their buddy was about to get his arm broke by an armbar.

lol wat

but if someone threw a triangle up and was about to choke me unconscious I'd bite their face to avoid getting put out. .

I'm guessing you've never been in a triangle before...actually..it sounds like you've never even seen a triangle before. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to bite someones face while they were in a triangle...in fact it would be impossible to bite anything...other than your own tounge, while in a triangle.

And most people would jump in if they thought their buddy was about to get his arm broke by an armbar.

Actually, you'd be surprised..a lot of people WONT...because they are scared of fights...especially to fight guys about to break the arm of their friend.

Is that statistic true that 90% of all street fights go to the ground? I remember hearing the announcer in the early UFC fights saying that but I don't know where he got that statistic from....

Is that statistic true that 90% of all street fights go to the ground? I remember hearing the announcer in the early UFC fights saying that but I don't know where he got that statistic from....

I always heard the gracies say it

They analyzed youtube video fights...they took thousands of videos and analyzed how often they stayed standing, how often the went to the ground, how often they got knocked out with one punch, how often no one won etc. And after all that, that was one of the statistics..that 90% of them went to the ground at some point.

I don't think anyone has done a scientific study of a representative sample of street fights from all over. That was an estimate.

Of all the "I would just _____" responses to BJJ in a streetfight, this is by far the most retarded. How the hell are you going to bite someone's face when you're in a triangle? Are you a giraffe?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think BJJ is the be all end all of streetfighting (I think it is effective and can be used in more situations than people think), but your statement is just dumb.

Thanks, this is my new signature

Here's giant midget:

stretched-neck.jpg

I see all you haters are still gonna hate about his face biting :icon_chee

My grandpa says it's useless because you can just stick your thumb up the guy's ass and he'll say "whoa!" and then you get out or whatever hold you're in. He also added that it's much better to do a leaping overhand right to the nose, since, after all, he knocked a mule out with this, so all of his conveniently dead friends called him "mule kick". Also, the communists stole a friend's blueprints of a flying bicycle. The coolest story ever told, bro.

Because it involves grappling with someone on the floor? Where you can get stomped or worse. You start rolling around with some dude on the floor and you just lost all situational awareness.

It's great for a 1v1 duel. But in a streetfight it's retarded to think of using it. Unless you're just using it to throw someone on the floor and get back up. But that's not really your mentality if you're doing it for years.

Last edited:
Here's giant midget:

stretched-neck.jpg

I see all you haters are still gonna hate about his face biting :icon_chee

How do you wash your neck, that's all I want to know. I've heard that once you start that elongating process you can't remove the rings because your "new neck" can't support your head or something, but how do you deal with the dirty neck? It must be maddening!

Am I gonna take the fight to the ground if there are 5 guys there? NO

BUT SHOULD YOU GET TAKEN DOWN IN A FIGHT AGAINST YOUR WILL, WOULDN'T YOU WANT JIU JITSU AND WRESTLING ON YOUR SIDE? PEOPLE ARGUING AGAINST TRAINING GRAPPLING FOR THIS REASON ARE RETARDED, AND ARE JUST TERRIFIED KNOWING THAT IF THEY EVER GET TAKEN DOWN IT'S OVER FOR THEM.

Sorry, folks. I would rather go in a street fight with no training at all, relying on eye poking people with my fat little fingers from the bottom, instead of raining down les

I was. It's just that I can't understand why would training be bad for an important situation like that. Leaving all technique aside, you have better conditioning and more calmness. If you're not a complete shut-in, chances are that you made at least one friend by training, making the proverbial "what if five dudes jump you because of this and that dude" scenario slightly less worse for you. And last but not least, all of that Ric Flair talk about eye pokes and strikes to the groin applies to you as well. Maybe I haven't trained for enough time, but I didn't magically forget about that. Also, which is better: trying to poke someone in the eye from underneath mount, or being the one who is mounted on top of the opponent and ruining someone's eyesight and life for a petty reason?

Also, my skin isn't like a peach, even though that video with deep music says otherwise.

Back