How do people think that jiu jitsu has no place in a street fight?

JerseyTrash

Silver Belt
Reaction score
YouTube - ***EXTREME FELONY FIGHTS VIDEOS ***

Look at how pathetic these guys are. They have no concept of grappling. If either one had trained for even a month, he would have destroyed the other one. They hit the ground on 3 seperate occasions, even though neither actually knows anything about takedowns. They don't even know how to maintain side control properly.

Tank Abbott said if you tried to use jiu-jitsu in a bar fight, someone would hit you in the back with a pool stick. Thats probably why.

Because there are no rules in street fights. Eye gouges, nutshots allowed.

Getting jumped by 5 guys is a shitty situation that no martial art will prepare you for. In a case like that, just run.
Best advice, when you are in a bad situation just run, don't let your pride get you seriously injured.

That's true, the video I posted is just a schoolyard battle, nothing too serious, considering the observers would likely break it up before anything serious happened.

That's why most people are idiots when they talk about what works best "in a barfight." Most barfights only last 1 or 2 punches before they're broken up anyway.

That's why most people are idiots when they talk about what works best "in a barfight." Most barfights only last 1 or 2 punches before they're broken up anyway.
It's rare where you will end up in a situation where outside intervention isn't possible. If you end up in a one on one situation where nobody else is around, and your opponent doesn't have an unfair advantage (a weapon, or something of the like) jiu-jitsu is certainly viable.

Know why? Why use BJJ when you can get Bas Rutten's self defense?

:D

straight ignorance.

imo judo is the most deadly street fighting art (unarmed obviously)

the thought of being thrown onto concrete makes me shudder :icon_sad:

but overall, street fighting is an activity for those afflicted with mongoloidesia.
so many people carry knives its crazy.
im ashamed to admit but i was visiting this girl i met online who lived in a shady neighborhood, and i brought a knife (its the kind of neighborhood where you sometimes hear gunshots in the distance). luckily i was just being paranoid.

Last edited:
ok, rule #1: before you can post what would or what would not work in a real fight you must have been in at least one real fight.

*66% of posters in thread leave*

Back