How Do People see Josh the Punk Doing in Bellator

FeelingFroggy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So now that Josh Thomson is headed to Bellator, I think he has a decent shot of getting the belt. Brooks has been impressive, but skillwise I think they're pretty similar and I could see a title fight going to a close decision with Josh winning.

Also, seeing the UFC losing some of its mid tier fighters to Bellator is interesting because it hurts their stronghold (at least, post-strikeforce) but it does dilute the force of the monopoly allegations.

I don't think he'll win the belt, and I think it's much more likely that he will continue to deteriorate than it is he'll undergo a career resurgence like Lawler. He will likely fight for the title though.

I think he has a chance at winning the belt I really do. If not he will atleast make some buzz and get some good fights. Good move from bellator they need more well known guys like josh. Hopefully they could rake in few more from the reebok deal and try to challenge the ufc in years down the road.

I like the guy, but he is getting pretty old. Wasn't he discussing retirement a couple fights back?

He certainly will do much better, its a more shallow pool of fighters. I can see him beating any of the LWs

Josh vs patricky should be a great bout.

The guy who fought Benson to a close decision and beat Nate would fight for the belt, I just don't know if he is that guy anymore

I think he can win the belt if he stays healthy; people forget that he beat Ben Henderson a year ago. Brooks might be a fairly competitive fight but Chandler hasn't impressed me at all

I think he's on a similar level to Bellator's top lightweights. If any can beat him soundly they'll gain a lot of credibility.

i think Thompson vs Jansen makes most sense for first fight, there going build Josh and Chandler back up before matching them up

I tweeted him to quit complaining about his matchups in the UFC and go out and get a win after losing 2 in a row and he blocked me.

Then he went out and preceded to lose to Tony Furgeson.

Thompson will get a tune up fight before getting fed to Brooks.

I thought he beat Bendo.

Would love to watch him fight Michael Chandler :)

He's not winning the belt, like so many people here believe. Tiger Sarnavskiy would be a good match for him though I see them pitting him against the Dennis Olsens and Roger Carrols of the Bellator LW division for his first fight just to "build him up" for the rest of the division, sadly.

Bendo plans on test free agent market after next fight, maybe bellator makes rematch

zxl58Pv.jpg

Back