How do I kill this annoying fat?

First it was fat, then sugar... just waiting around till the latest diet fad has protein as the diet nasty to avoid... you know it's coming eventually :rolleyes:

Replace the chocolate milk with milk. Replace the fruit juice with water. Pasta isn't that bad, but how much are you eating? Its the quantity that matters when it comes to losing weight.

I am guessing that should have read: "you can lose weight eating 1500 calories a day worth of pure candy if your maintence is 2000" not 200.

...can lose weight but there is typically no protein in candy so you will lose muscle at least as much as fat if you do the so called "twinkie diet" catabolism would be a bitch.

I am guessing that should have read: "you can lose weight eating 1500 calories a day worth of pure candy if your maintence is 2000" not 200.

...can lose weight but there is typically no protein in candy so you will lose muscle at least as much as fat if you do the so called "twinkie diet" catabolism would be a bitch.
yeah meant 2000 and yeah you would lose a shit ton of muscle but if your really trying to lose weight in general it will still happen is all i was saying some people seem to think any amount of sugar will stop all your weight loss completely i thought so too by reading comments here years ago then found out calories are what determines weight loss or gain

yeah meant 2000 and yeah you would lose a shit ton of muscle but if your really trying to lose weight in general it will still happen is all i was saying some people seem to think any amount of sugar will stop all your weight loss completely i thought so too by reading comments here years ago then found out calories are what determines weight loss or gain

Pretty much. My carbs come from poptarts (fat as well), lucky charms, donuts, cookies, eggo waffles. Protein from shakes, chicken breast, and chocolate milk. I'm still in a deficit, performance in the ring and the gym haven't suffered, actually I've been improving.
Of course, according to this thread by the amount of sugar I consume, I should be a land whale by now.

Pretty much. My carbs come from poptarts (fat as well), lucky charms, donuts, cookies, eggo waffles. Protein from shakes, chicken breast, and chocolate milk. I'm still in a deficit, performance in the ring and the gym haven't suffered, actually I've been improving.
Of course, according to this thread by the amount of sugar I consume, I should be a land whale by now.

Lol yeah i first came here back when i was 17 and tried to cut weight by reading stuff i saw here and i went on a zero carb and sugar diet for 6 weeks straight all i ate was chicken breast and ground turkey no fat at all and was so weak and i would eat a pound a day only either 2 breast or a pound of ground turkey cause i was told carbs and fat and sugars were the enemy lol felt horrible.

As I promised, I will reply more properly to the recommendations/questions.

So I changed a lot of thing in my diet this week:
1.- I'm just finishing my last bottle of chocolate milk, that I bought before this thread, and that's all. Truth, I used to drink around 750 cc per day. It turns out to be almost 500 kcal. That's around 20-25% of what I need!

2.- Bye to the fruit juice. I though "well, it's just fruit, right?" Reading the posts here I went to google and turns out that most of the good thing in fruits is in the pulp, which is missing in the juice.

3.- Someone claimed that cereal is bad. I though it was bro science, but he is right. For the ones that don't know, when the cereal (let's say cornflakes) are produced they grin is basically destroyed and all the vitamins and minerals that you read in the box that they have are just artificially added. Also, they put sugar. So, now I eat porridge. I bought two different porridge: the one that tasted better had a 10% of sugar, and the one that tastes like crap 1%. Now my breakfast tastes like crap.

4.- About the sugar. Some people here say "it's bad for you", others question that claim. I don't know the answer, and every year the "experts" change their opinion. What I can say is that some year ago I stop drinking sugared water and adding some hard training twice per week I lost 8 kilos in one month. I was still young at the time, but seems that maybe is good to stay away from things that are mostly sugar. At least for me. So, I only eat some chocolate o sweet on Friday or Wednesday of a hard week. like this one. At least I can stay awake during the day. And some nice sweet in the weekend (today) because, as my brazilians friends tell me "life is already bitter."

5.- I added more eggs. I have always enjoyed eggs, but I like them in bread. Since people claim that too much bread is bad, I also deleted the eggs from my diet. Now back to the eggs. More on this latter.

6.- I also added peanut.

As you see, I already made 5 changes (point 4 was only a comment). So now my normal day looks like:
Breakfast: half a bowl of porridge that I fill with milk (around 200-250 cc is the size of the bowl.)
Second breakfast (after riding): 150g of yogurt (150 kcal, 5.7g of protein, 15% of sugar), coffee and maybe a banana.

Lunch: I had past only once, ground beef with rice and regret the other 3 days. Portions? Hard to measure, but it was a lot of pasta: I filled my plate because I was really starving, maybe 200-250 g?. The rise must be around a bowl of rise, maybe a little more, I don't think it was a lot more. And don't ask me what was the thing I regretted, I prefer to forget that.

After that some fruit, banana or an apple, or two. Also some peanuts. Maybe a yogurt too (the same as the one in the morning.)

After training (M-W-F) 3 normal sized eggs with a bread (whole grain).
The afternoon without training (T-T) a bread (whole grain) with tuna (one can), two tomatoes and lettuce.

And around 1.5-3 litters of water per day.

But I now have some more questions:
1.- Many claim that bread after 6 or 8 or 10 (depending on whom do you ask to) is a bad choice. On google there are 10^123 different opinions, so I don't know what to believe. Anyone has a supported by facts opinion on this issue?
2.- A few suggested to get more proteins. That's why I drank the chocolate milk: 15g of protein in just one drink seemed like a good deal. Now I'm not that sure. Are the eggs, tuna, milk and yogurt enough? How much more? Where do I get those from? I know that you are going to suggest chicken, but there's an issue here in Germany about how the chickens are fed and that it turns out in a poor quality meat. The good quality meat is just outside my range of affordable foods (no less than 20 euros a kilo of chicken breast and more for cow. The swine seems to be bad quality no matter how much you pay! And the fish is hard to get, and it's around the 25 euros too.) What would you suggest?
3.- How can I know how much kcal do I need? I went to the first google answer
http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned
And it says that I need 4400 kcal, and that seems to be way too much. If that were true, I could eat even more and I would still not reach those 4400 kcal! Another result stated only 2600, that's 40% lees than the first result!
4.- I checked today the yogurts. It's true that the greek one contains little sugar (4%) and a lot of protein (3%) but pure yogurt tastes bad. Any suggestion on how to improve its flavor?
5.- Should I take some supplements?
6.- One of my friends buy cheap protein bars, is that a good strategy?
7.- There's a lot of mixed opinions about peanut butter. Is it good or bad to add to my diet?

Finally, about my training. Two or three wrote "improve your biking." Well, 20K in one hour (or less) is a good time if I have to stop around 5 minutes due to red lights, I have to reduce my speed because the street is in bad shape, the car drivers are assholes, other bikers are assholes (I try not to be one of the assholes, sometimes is hard, jaja!) One guy at the office suggested to try one per week to kill yourself and the rest of the week go to your normal/comfortable pace, and that will help you improve yourself rather than try hard everyday. That only lead to injuries. Comments on that?

I think I covered all that has written so far, so now I say bye,

Saludos!

your diet is terrible. cut out the fruit juices, the cereal, the milk, and take it easy with the pasta. Start doing more high intensity work outs.

Lean meats and vegetables and lots of water should be the base of your diet

your diet is terrible. cut out the fruit juices, the cereal, the milk, and take it easy with the pasta. Start doing more high intensity work outs.

Lean meats and vegetables and lots of water should be the base of your diet

why lean meats whats wrong with the fat of beef

As I promised, I will reply more properly to the recommendations/questions.

So I changed a lot of thing in my diet this week:
1.- I'm just finishing my last bottle of chocolate milk, that I bought before this thread, and that's all. Truth, I used to drink around 750 cc per day. It turns out to be almost 500 kcal. That's around 20-25% of what I need!

2.- Bye to the fruit juice. I though "well, it's just fruit, right?" Reading the posts here I went to google and turns out that most of the good thing in fruits is in the pulp, which is missing in the juice.

3.- Someone claimed that cereal is bad. I though it was bro science, but he is right. For the ones that don't know, when the cereal (let's say cornflakes) are produced they grin is basically destroyed and all the vitamins and minerals that you read in the box that they have are just artificially added. Also, they put sugar. So, now I eat porridge. I bought two different porridge: the one that tasted better had a 10% of sugar, and the one that tastes like crap 1%. Now my breakfast tastes like crap.

4.- About the sugar. Some people here say "it's bad for you", others question that claim. I don't know the answer, and every year the "experts" change their opinion. What I can say is that some year ago I stop drinking sugared water and adding some hard training twice per week I lost 8 kilos in one month. I was still young at the time, but seems that maybe is good to stay away from things that are mostly sugar. At least for me. So, I only eat some chocolate o sweet on Friday or Wednesday of a hard week. like this one. At least I can stay awake during the day. And some nice sweet in the weekend (today) because, as my brazilians friends tell me "life is already bitter."

5.- I added more eggs. I have always enjoyed eggs, but I like them in bread. Since people claim that too much bread is bad, I also deleted the eggs from my diet. Now back to the eggs. More on this latter.

6.- I also added peanut.

As you see, I already made 5 changes (point 4 was only a comment). So now my normal day looks like:
Breakfast: half a bowl of porridge that I fill with milk (around 200-250 cc is the size of the bowl.)
Second breakfast (after riding): 150g of yogurt (150 kcal, 5.7g of protein, 15% of sugar), coffee and maybe a banana.

Lunch: I had past only once, ground beef with rice and regret the other 3 days. Portions? Hard to measure, but it was a lot of pasta: I filled my plate because I was really starving, maybe 200-250 g?. The rise must be around a bowl of rise, maybe a little more, I don't think it was a lot more. And don't ask me what was the thing I regretted, I prefer to forget that.

After that some fruit, banana or an apple, or two. Also some peanuts. Maybe a yogurt too (the same as the one in the morning.)

After training (M-W-F) 3 normal sized eggs with a bread (whole grain).
The afternoon without training (T-T) a bread (whole grain) with tuna (one can), two tomatoes and lettuce.

And around 1.5-3 litters of water per day.

1.- Many claim that bread after 6 or 8 or 10 (depending on whom do you ask to) is a bad choice. On google there are 10^123 different opinions, so I don't know what to believe. Anyone has a supported by facts opinion on this issue?
2.- A few suggested to get more proteins. That's why I drank the chocolate milk: 15g of protein in just one drink seemed like a good deal. Now I'm not that sure. Are the eggs, tuna, milk and yogurt enough? How much more? Where do I get those from? I know that you are going to suggest chicken, but there's an issue here in Germany about how the chickens are fed and that it turns out in a poor quality meat. The good quality meat is just outside my range of affordable foods (no less than 20 euros a kilo of chicken breast and more for cow. The swine seems to be bad quality no matter how much you pay! And the fish is hard to get, and it's around the 25 euros too.) What would you suggest?
And it says that I need 4400 kcal, and that seems to be way too much. If that were true, I could eat even more and I would still not reach those 4400 kcal! Another result stated only 2600, that's 40% lees than the first result!
4.- I checked today the yogurts. It's true that the greek one contains little sugar (4%) and a lot of protein (3%) but pure yogurt tastes bad. Any suggestion on how to improve its flavor?
7.- There's a lot of mixed opinions about peanut butter. Is it good or bad to add to my diet?

Finally, about my training. Two or three wrote "improve your biking." Well, 20K in one hour (or less) is a good time if I have to stop around 5 minutes due to red lights, I have to reduce my speed because the street is in bad shape, the car drivers are assholes, other bikers are assholes (I try not to be one of the assholes, sometimes is hard, jaja!) One guy at the office suggested to try one per week to kill yourself and the rest of the week go to your normal/comfortable pace, and that will help you improve yourself rather than try hard everyday. That only lead to injuries. Comments on that?

Saludos!

You're putting the cart in front of the horse.

I couldn't even read the whole post because none of it matters unless you're in a caloric deficit. It's a numbers game (a very simple one). Burn more than you eat.

Once you've begun doing that, then worry about your macros.

Once your macros are in order, then you can focus on the types of foods you eat.

my good ovaltine is delicious and only 40 calories per serving!!!

Ok cgh after all the changes that you have made i recommend doing... nothing.

try and stick to those healthy changes, make them habits and then go about your normal routine as you would day to day for the next two weeks and see what happens.

If you make those changes you already listed then you are cutting out a large number of calories from your diet already. If your weight was fairly static previously, I am assuming these changes will kickstart some fat loss.

Where most people go wrong with dieting is they aim for perfection then life happens and they go out and eat/drink "bad" foods and then they say screw it, the diet is already ruined and they go binge.

The aim of a good diet is consistency. You are better off making small changes and making them part of your routine till you do them without thinking than changing your whole life in one go, it never works long term.

Protein bars are very expensive for what you get. If you feel you need more protein, try getting a good whey/casein powder mix. You can get chocolate flavor so you also get your chocolate milk fix at the same time.

So the TLDR version is that now you have made a number of changes to your diet(more than I would have recommended at one time personally) you can continue with them and see what happens over the next couple of weeks and then you can adjust further from there based on the results.

Last edited:

Saludos!

1. Bread after whatever time doesn't matter. It won't "make you fat," BUT, a slow-digesting protein late at night is probably best because it'll keep your muscles fed overnight.

2. Protein powder is a great, cheap supplement.

4. Add protein powder to your greek yogurt. You'll get a huge amount of protein that'll taste great.

5. Protein powder

6. Maybe as a snack. Those things are expensive though.

7. Good as long as you keep your macros in check (it has a lot of fat)

This reads like a classic case of over-informationitis. You can see how confused people have become with all the nutrition info, diets, gurus etc around. People are so wrapped up in protein %s, grains-are-bad and god knows what, they can't even work out what to eat anymore.

Agree 100% can't overload new people with too much information when they are starting out with dieting/nutrition. This was why I suggested just swapping out some of the high sugar wasted calories and waiting a couple of weeks to reassess the results.

I always, say to aim for small sustained changes that you can live with over the years not big sweeping changes to your food intake. That's why most traditional diets fail, you just can't stick to them long term.

I couldn't even read the whole post because none of it matters unless you're in a caloric deficit.

The laws of thermodynamics are an absolute truth - everything else posted in this thread is debatable, or open to criticism.

Just in case you are not familiar with the laws of thermodynamics, here is the version for dummies:

1. You can't win.
2. You can't even tie.
3. You have to play the game.

The laws of thermodynamics are an absolute truth - everything else posted in this thread is debatable, or open to criticism.

Just in case you are not familiar with the laws of thermodynamics, here is the version for dummies:

1. You can't win.
2. You can't even tie.
3. You have to play the game.

True but this is still a massive over simplification. The main problems with the whole just eat less than you burn, sweeping statements are:

1)Most people who make such statements are still operating under the misconception that people have a static metabolic rate which is incorrect. It is influenced by a number of factors.

2)How to accurately measuring your RMR and additional calories burned to know how how to calculate your caloric maintenance.

3)Teaching people how to diet properly in a way that won't crash their metabolism and set them up for the inevitable rebound weight gain when they inevitably fall off their current fad diet wagon.

4)Overcoming the "If I cut 250 calories a day I'll lost half a pound a week... screw that I'll cut 1000 calories and lose 2lb a week" Attitude which will fuck their metabolism.

If it was just as simple as, eat less calories than you burn do you think half the planet would be fat as fuck like it is today? Do you really think they have never heard that advice before? If history has taught us anything it's that sweeping over simplified statements solve nothing and help no-one... well except the multi billion dollar diet industry that keeps em coming back for more.

Blah, blah, blah ^^^^^

Law #3: You have to play.

...and I don't waste time conversing with retards. Ignored.

Back