How do i get into boxing ?

I live in France we don't get that many boxing event ahah, i only got the chance to see a big kickboxing event it was dope

My favourites fighter at the moment are Canelo, Tank Davis, Vergil ortiz... And that's pretty much it lol i don't know a lot of them, but i really love watching these guys fight really love their style

What rising prospect and contender should i look for ?
so you like big punchers and knockouts. there have been a million lists made of the best knockout artists in boxing’s long history so maybe check some of those out. a couple guys from the past you might like:

gerald mcclellan
ricardo torres (footage isn’t super easy to find but you can find it)
tommy hearns
david tua
diego corrales
ray mercer
jorge maysonet
jhonny gonzalez

I would skip the belt bullshit altogether. Just follow the ring magazine rankings and use boxrec for absolutely everything. If you are going to place a bet always go to boxrec and look at past fights and which weight classes they were fought in. Also looking at highlight videos in YouTube about the fighters about to compete is always a good move, makes you enjoy the fight more.

I wouldn’t worry about the rest, it’ll happen organically if you start to dig it.

Arturo Gatti ( 1995 - 2004 )
Erik Morales ( 1996 - 2006 )
Mike Tyson ( 1985 - 1991)
Evander Holyfield ( 1986 - 1997 )

Watch these warriors fights

also these individual fights are a must …off the top of my head

Foreman vs Frazier 1
Foreman vs Lyle
Zale vs Graziano
Chavez vs Taylor 1
Pryor vs Arguello 1
Pacquiao vs Marquez ( 4 fights )
Morales vs Pacquiao 1
Leonard vs Hearns ( 2 fights )
Hagler vs Hearns
Marquez vs Vasquez
Corrales vs Castillo 1
OScar vs Mosley 1
Julian Jackson highlight reel
Mayweather vs Cotto
Toney vs Jirov
Tapia vs Ayala 1
Chacon vs limon (?)
Holyfield vs Qawi 1

I live in France we don't get that many boxing event ahah, i only got the chance to see a big kickboxing event it was dope

My favourites fighter at the moment are Canelo, Tank Davis, Vergil ortiz... And that's pretty much it lol i don't know a lot of them, but i really love watching these guys fight really love their style

What rising prospect and contender should i look for ?
I’m a fan of the 3 fighters you mentioned…good choices imo …..I also feel you might enjoy watching the following fighters 270AEE45-0C43-449B-A0CC-0A2AC44C5211.jpegDF337F2B-6C7B-4239-8AB6-4CC1BABC2D92.jpeg4F193E7E-C260-4395-9D55-F49DB347997C.jpegA1CA2DAD-86C4-4150-904C-88D2683BAADC.jpeg176DDB34-4078-4818-84A0-E7810757771C.jpeg

Ok so first thing sorry for my bad english !

Hi guys, lately i've been watching boxing more and more on YouTube and damn i really really like it, i'm even starting to like it more than mma tbh (and my favourite fighter are mainly wrestler in mma lol) but i find it so hard to get into it, like i don't even know what fight to watch there is too many organisation too many fighter too many belt i don't even know where to begin with lol, even with the organisation i don't even know which org is legit or not

I there a "proper" ranking like in the ufc ?
Step one

find a gym

step two

train hard in said gym

step three

take fights the said gym gets you

step four

find a manager and go pro

Step one

find a gym

step two

train hard in said gym

step three

take fights the said gym gets you

step four

find a manager and go pro
way to not read anything in this thread!

Get a bunch of 15 year old edge lords to make you YouTube rich then buy your way into headlining PPVs. That's how it works now, right?

Hi guys, lately i've been watching boxing more and more on YouTube and damn i really really like it, i'm even starting to like it more than mma tbh (and my favourite fighter are mainly wrestler in mma lol) but i find it so hard to get into it, like i don't even know what fight to watch there is too many organisation too many fighter too many belt i don't even know where to begin with lol, even with the organisation i don't even know which org is legit or not

Rummy's Corner is an awesome YouTube channel where you can learn about great boxers.

(You should learn about the amazing history of the sport, which is where that channel excells. But he also does some current breakdowns )

Other good channels:

Office Hancho

And

Joseph Vincent "Bored Films"

Watch some old exciting fights. 90s early 2000s.
Some fights before the video quality isn't great. I'm guessing your fairly young.

Some fighters I'd advise you watch just because you know they'll be some good action majority of the time.

Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr, Ricky Hatton (only one), Nigel Benn, Prince Naseem, Manny Pacquiao, James Toney, Miguel Cotto...

I'm sure many guys could add to this list even give you a good fight to watch with these guys in.

I'll start you with one - Kostya Tszyu vs. Ricky Hatton
Muhammad Ali especially vs Frazier
Ali vs Foreman
Foreman vs Frazier
Ali vs Sonny Liston 1
Ernie Shaver (hardest hitting HW)
Lennox Lewis
Evander Holyfield

Archie Moore
Joe Louis
Rocky Marciano

Sugar Ray Robinson

Defensive Geniuses:
Willie Pep
Pernell "Sweet P" Whittaker
Niccolo Locche
Prince Naseem Hamed
James Toney

Marvelous Marvin Haglar
Watch this NOW:

"The War"

Also watch Mickey Ward vs Arturo Gatti

Last edited:
Arturo Gatti ( 1995 - 2004 )
Erik Morales ( 1996 - 2006 )
Mike Tyson ( 1985 - 1991)
Evander Holyfield ( 1986 - 1997 )

Watch these warriors fights

also these individual fights are a must …off the top of my head

Foreman vs Frazier 1
Foreman vs Lyle
Zale vs Graziano
Chavez vs Taylor 1
Pryor vs Arguello 1
Pacquiao vs Marquez ( 4 fights )
Morales vs Pacquiao 1
Leonard vs Hearns ( 2 fights )
Hagler vs Hearns
Marquez vs Vasquez
Corrales vs Castillo 1
OScar vs Mosley 1
Julian Jackson highlight reel
Mayweather vs Cotto
Toney vs Jirov
Tapia vs Ayala 1
Chacon vs limon (?)
Holyfield vs Qawi 1
Thank you i will try to watch all these fights !

Rummy's Corner is an awesome YouTube channel where you can learn about great boxers.

(You should learn about the amazing history of the sport, which is where that channel excells. But he also does some current breakdowns )

Other good channels:

Office Hancho

And

Joseph Vincent "Bored Films"
Thanks i know what YouTube channel to watch when i'm in bed now ;)

Have you heard of Tony Yoka? He was the super heavyweight Olympic gold medalist for France four years ago & he's unbeaten as a pro. So, I thought he'd be quite popular & well known over there. But then, I'm not up to date as far as the popularity of boxing in France. I know it's not exactly a hotbed like the UK & Germany though. That's why Yoka is the only current French pro boxer that I can think of at the moment.

The 4 major sanctioning bodies you'll need to know are the following : WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO. They all grant world titles in 17 (soon to be 18) weight classes. People at The Ring magazine publish their own unified world rankings and grant titles. That's a lot of belts. To know if a world titlist is for real, you'll need to check out his record and see which fighters (and at what point in their career) he did beat to earn and keep his belt . www.boxrec.com comes in handy. Undisputed champions - those who got all the silverware in a weight class - are for real, but they're uncommon.

Use the search function wisely. There are tons of threads in here about people's favorite bouts.

Learn about the "10 points must" system and the actual scoring criteria (clean and hard punching, effective aggression, defense, ring generalship). If you're not familiar with them your opinion on the way a boxing round - let alone a boxing fight - should be scored is very likely to be irrelevant.

A different scorecard than the judges's is perfectly fine provided you do know about the rules. Never, ever call a close fight a "robbery" even if you disagree with the official decision. Judging is a subjective matter and you're not the one who gets to decide. Knowing your shit isn't about being "right" all the time. It's about understanding to what extent people can see the same fight differently and still be correct according to the very same criteria that you've used.

If your English isn't too good, spend the time you'll need to make your posts readable. People will be kinder to you.

Avoid Jake Paul-related discussions.

Also, Clinton Woods.
Great post that hits all the essential points ts needs to know.

TS if you want to read nore about the 4 points of scoring rounds check out this link https://coxscorner.tripod.com/scoring.htm

Watch Canelo Alvarez, Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury. Other good fighters are Artur Beterbiev, Lomachenko, Gervonta Davis and Naoya Inoue.

Back