How do guys like Jones, Silva, Sonnen, etc usually never get injured?

It's for economic reasons. Champions and high profile fighters can afford better equipment, train at more state of the art facilities, have better coaches, instructors, training partners, better nutrition and better doctors and strategy. Then there's the mental aspects, some fighters carry a lot of weight on their shoulders, whereas most champions and high profile fighters are more focused have far less stressors. Granted, if you train like most of these guys do, you're not going to go into a fight 100%. Training in and of itself involves breaking down the body so that it repairs itself stronger and better than before, when you train like these guys do, you will not be 100% come fight night, but you'll be a hell of a lot more prepared for a fight than if you were 100%.

Rest, recuperation, flexibility, therapeutic massage, joint mobility...most injuries come due to flexibility issues so as long as you address all that stuff, it's possible to stay close to injury free

and simply knowing when to back off in training...you don't always have to go 100%

This, plus keeping fights short and technical helps too.

You never see them pull out of a fight...how do they stay safe throughout camp and others seem to get injured every other fight? :confused:

My Grandpa, who watched baseball his whole life, since 1920, explained the relationship of your question.

He said, that baseball players where way better back in the day. Mainly, because people like mickey mantle and such trained differently. First, they never did weights but speed training. Speed would equal power. So they swung a bat 200 times a day. If they wanted more strength they swung a sledge hammer too. Thats it.

So there focus was that speed would equal power plus technique.

As time went on, my grandpa said the use of weights is horrible. Explained it would end careers for nothing. That the players have not gotten better but just bigger. You know how many baseball careers were ended by steroids and weights? ...I took his advice.

I think AS and JJ train for speed to equal power. So they never try to bulk up using weights. Both their frames are not geared for power lifting so they don't worry about it. Personally, they have the right way to train IMO. I seen AS use pulley machines but its always light light weight. I think they are thinking speed to equal power. Just like the old baseball players which lead to less to no injuries.

I don't think they've been injured less than other fighters tbh.

Injuries happen, to everyone, including those guys.

Most of those guys you mentioned have fought injured, I guess they don't want to let the fans down. Sometimes they have to know when it's a hazard to their health and well being.

all those people get injury, they just don't pull fight because of the injury
well you need to take out Jones from that list though.

You never see them pull out of a fight...how do they stay safe throughout camp and others seem to get injured every other fight? :confused:

It is the same reason as In most western workplaces. Some pull out or stay In bed if they have a cold or a small injury. Others step up And do Their best, Even when injured. Mousasi vs Gus was a good example of One having a small injury And pulling out, while the other had a serious injury, but still fought

It is the same reason as In most western workplaces. Some pull out or stay In bed if they have a cold or a small injury. Others step up And do Their best, Even when injured. Mousasi vs Gus was a good example of One having a small injury And pulling out, while the other had a serious injury, but still fought

Gus didn't pull out. He wasn't approved to fight by the Swedish equivalent of an athletic commission.

Iunno, I think Bendo has fought hurt before, although it was nothing major. He's hurt himself before, but that dude is too strong to quit. The same is true with Mighty Mouse, and quite honestly, a lot of the UFC roster.

Also, JBJ definitely looked a little banged up against Rashad.

as sherdogs residential Bendo nuthugger it's sad that i don't know about his injuries, do you know what type of injuries he's had?

Back