How do guys like Jones, Silva, Sonnen, etc usually never get injured?

REEMwillbeCHAMP

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You never see them pull out of a fight...how do they stay safe throughout camp and others seem to get injured every other fight? :confused:

Luck

They dont over train

They stretch before and after workouts

Massage with happy endings after S&C days

i think the weirdest person is Bendo, as he never gets hurt in general, Sonnen has fought numerous times injured, Silva has been injured a bunch of times, Jones has had some injuries as well (tho freak injuries), but Benson gets put inside an armbar where both fighters hear a crack and still no serious injury

Silva does get injured quite often

They have accumulated very little damage during their careers despite having many fights on their records.

Spider has KOed numerous people without being punched much (or, in case of Silva-Sonnen I, being punched with much power).
Jones has dominated everyone and nobody has ever landed anything on him.
Chael has either laid his opposition into UD victory or been quickly subbed.

Silva almost lost with a cracked rib, Jones split his toe open, but Chael....he's a gangster

Jones has been injured a couple of times

I'd like to say what I think, but I don't think I'm allowed to voice my suspicions in this area on this forum...

Same with Diaz bros. Nick said it himself, he's injured every fight but he doesn't pull out like 99% of the guys in the UFC. Most "fighters" drop out of fights these days if they have a small mosquito bite.

Jones and silva both have been injured plenty but as for sonnen well I think it's common knowledge by now... He's just tougher than everyone else...

They have accumulated very little damage during their careers despite having many fights on their records.

Spider has KOed numerous people without being punched much (or, in case of Silva-Sonnen I, being punched with much power).
Jones has dominated everyone and nobody has ever landed anything on him.
Chael has either laid his opposition into UD victory or been quickly subbed.

Some guys like Diaz, Chael, Stann, fight when they are injured. They never pull out of fights because they are hurt. Also, in Silva-Sonnen I you know Anderson had to go to the hospital for a night of observation, he was hardly unscathed.

Rest, recuperation, flexibility, therapeutic massage, joint mobility...most injuries come due to flexibility issues so as long as you address all that stuff, it's possible to stay close to injury free

and simply knowing when to back off in training...you don't always have to go 100%

Biggest jinx of all time just took place.

Powdered horse bones. Mix it up with milk and you have super joints

Silva had some back thing going into Okami fight and a shoulder issue that kept him from fighting for 6 months somewhere around the Okami fight, don;t remember when.
Also the cracked rib someone already mention.
Fight is the fight, this is normal.

i think the weirdest person is Bendo, as he never gets hurt in general, Sonnen has fought numerous times injured, Silva has been injured a bunch of times, Jones has had some injuries as well (tho freak injuries), but Benson gets put inside an armbar where both fighters hear a crack and still no serious injury
Iunno, I think Bendo has fought hurt before, although it was nothing major. He's hurt himself before, but that dude is too strong to quit. The same is true with Mighty Mouse, and quite honestly, a lot of the UFC roster.

Also, JBJ definitely looked a little banged up against Rashad.

Back