How do environmentalists reconcile with the fact that they eat the environment?

So I had a big sugar maple in my front yard that needed to be removed because it was starting to drop limbs everywhere...

..My tenants' friend came over to say goodbye to the tree. She spent about 45 minutes rubbing, hugging, and talking to the tree, and photographed it from every angle the morning before the crew showed up to cut it down.

It was very bizarre

I see these people hugging trees and I like trees too. But the thing is, I also eat things that grow on trees, and I eat plants. And I recognize that. So, how do environmentalists reconcile with the fact that they eat the very thing they save? Isn't that like wanting to save the whales while eating a big whale steak?
Not sure if this is a legit question but assuming it is I'll take a crack at it. You like eating apples. You want to build a house. don't cut down all the apple trees for their wood. It takes between 6-10 years for an apple tree to grow from seed to produce fruit.

Alternately if you like oxygen then don't clear cut massive old growth forests. They produce much of the worlds oxygen. Can't simply regrow them.

So I had a big sugar maple in my front yard that needed to be removed because it was starting to drop limbs everywhere...

..My tenants' friend came over to say goodbye to the tree. She spent about 45 minutes rubbing, hugging, and talking to the tree, and photographed it from every angle the morning before the crew showed up to cut it down.

It was very bizarre
Weird ass peoples.

I cut down 6 trees just to have site lines to shoot more deer.

Let's give em something to talk about

61QLxrOQVWL._AC_UL1500_.jpg
Forget the elbows! Antlers are way too pointy. Also might actually be a dude having antlers.

I see these people hugging trees and I like trees too. But the thing is, I also eat things that grow on trees, and I eat plants. And I recognize that. So, how do environmentalists reconcile with the fact that they eat the very thing they save? Isn't that like wanting to save the whales while eating a big whale steak?
I realize that you like to troll, but are you really this stupid?

Saving the environment isn't about love of plants. People want to save trees because of the necessary impact that trees have on counter-acting human influence on the environment. It's part of preserving the natural cycles of our environment. Things we need like oxygen, are preserved by "tree hugger" activity. Things we need, like removal of carbon dioxide are enhanced by "tree hugger" activity. And that's the overly simplified version, that doesn't even talk about all the other life forms and systems that fail if you clear-cut a forest.

There's also the fact that meat doesn't just magically appear, but those animals also need to get fed plants, and the amount of plant mass used to eat 1lb of plant, directly, is much less than the amount of plant mass used to feed an animal through its life until you kill it to produce that 1lb of meat.

A tree-hugger eating a plant saves a lot more plants than someone eating a steak.

Last edited:

There's shit tier trolling and then there's you... fuckin' 10 feet below that... LOL

interlocking fish smash TS is back with another GOAT thread!!!!

This one may have actually surpassed interlocking fish smash for me purely because he hasn't acknowledged the fact that no-one has a clue what he's talking about.

It's not binary. Humans will always consume resources to survive. But advocating a responsible approach to the consumption bof resources does not mean that one will let himsefl starve to death.

They probably don't think the way you think they do. I think you're maybe confusing them with actual retards.

It was very bizarre

That is pretty fuckin weird. <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>But there are worse ways to be, right?

Harmony with nature is a worthy goal, it shouldnt and doesnt have to mean we starve.

Back