How do college athletes survive college?

“Colored student” He says. What year are we living?

Did yuw jutht athuum my gendar!
giphy.gif

It’s a massive scam. Sports bring huge money to the college. I have seen athletes on sports scholarships that come from some extremely low income parts of the US. They’re rolling in BMW’s and wearing fur coats and jewelry around campus. It’s probably one of the worst kept secrets about universities
Yeah, sports boosters are definitely a thing.

I am not normally a fan of Rick Reilly. But, I really liked this essay.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/vault.si.com/.amp/vault/2006/07/31/the-parent-trap

To be fair, watching a team from Michigan play soccer on some cold Vegas days and nights against a bunch of teams from the South East was entertaining, also fun to see how they play soccer in different areas of the country.

She did get some offers from colleges she wasn't interested in, and turned out high jumping in track is what's saving us on tuition right now....

Coaches and admin staff get them the best tutors available. There's also plenty of pressure on teachers to pass them if they are star athletes. It's all a scam.

Back in my college days, decades ago, I had two football athletes in my communication 101 course. They literally only showed up on the first day and on finals. That's it.

Wasn't there just a cheating scandal at West Point with football players lol ?
Hmm i did even know about that. But I just read about it and the students were accused of cheating on a remote test during the covid lock down. They’re supposedly awaiting adjudication, so if they end up being expelled for it than my statement still stands correct.

Back