How do college athletes survive college?

An "A-" for F work? Man, white privilege is a real bitch isn't it. Imagine if a colored student wrote that. They'd be racism'd with an F for sure.

giphy-downsized.gif

(I'm sorry I assumed your gender)

“Colored student” He says. What year are we living?

There are some (a few) schools where the athletes pick the school because of the education and not the sports program.

College isn’t difficult, the players aren’t all dumb and the ones that can’t cut it academically don’t graduate, they either go pro or ride out their eligibility and leave. Some schools have higher academic standards than others for entry too.

Anyone who’s been on a college campus knows you can easily spot the athletes because they wear the same warmups and sliders every. Single. Day. Never saw any wearing a fur coat

oh ok so since you never saw it must mean no one has ever seen it.
I had season tickets to Stanford games and those guys were regularly bumping around in fur coats. And at Oregon you’d see them driving all in BMWs all the time.

Remember when Jason Kidd was at Berkeley? Ya I remember him in a drunken car accident on 880 where he rolled the LAND ROVER he was driving. Not many normal college kids cruising $70k rigs

Look at Reggie Bush. He got his trophy taken away because of these types of things. What you’re saying isn’t common and dangerous for any athlete wanting to turn pro
<Fedor23>

If you think it doesn’t happen then I have ocean front property to sell you in Arizona

So let me get this straight, these colleges basically bring these guys into their institution, give them a full ride scholarship, so they are students like everyone else and still expected to pass college courses right? How the hell do these guys even pass their classes? Many of them come from poor backgrounds and very bad school districts and they are now doing the same classes as other kids who would normally need a high gpa in order to get into such esteemed colleges.

man this is sad they sound like they got some mental retardation going especially that Dion Waters. Compare these players to the NBA players from back in the 80s they were well spoken and educated and many even came from the ghetto too. Even rap music has changed it sounds like buckwheat trying to rape with mumbling and repetitive words on a catchy beat.

Last edited:
I had season tickets to Stanford games and those guys were regularly bumping around in fur coats. And at Oregon you’d see them driving all in BMWs all the time.

Remember when Jason Kidd was at Berkeley? Ya I remember him in a drunken car accident on 880 where he rolled the LAND ROVER he was driving. Not many normal college kids cruising $70k rigs
Easy, my friend. I’m just saying I went to Bama and classes with first round draft picks were part of my daily routine and I never saw anything like that. Does that mean they weren’t getting money under the table? Hell no, of course they were. I’m just saying they weren’t so brazen about it. That being said, I never did see any of their cars so who knows about that. Wasn’t trying to discredit you or disrespect. Just wasn’t my experience and I had a pretty good look at the culture

they dont even go to classes most of them just have a private tutor who does the homework for them. They've had scandals before where they were cheating and making someone else take an athletes SAT tests, so they could get into college.

I earned my Master's while working a full time job with an hour long commute (each way) WHILE being married WHILE posting on Sherdog regularly.

True Story
I only joined sherdog on my final year of grad school. Part time job. Married. Took care of our kid while wife worked full time.

Got a yellow card for asking about Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt in the UFC. Then, walked away for years.

https://www.deseret.com/1994/6/12/19114271/kidd-pleads-innocent-to-hit-and-run-charge

"The California Highway Patrol investigation concluded that Kidd was driving with two passengers when his Toyota Landcruiser brushed another car and flipped over. Kidd apparently left in another car that had stopped."

They're given a very generous marking scheme when it comes to assignments and papers.

95% of them have no pro aspriations and actual try

The bottom 5% that are all in on the pro dream there's multiple options (have a tutor do all the assignments, teachers illegally grading assignments or assigning barely passing grades at minimums, getting a fake degree like gender studies or sports management)

This is the reason communication degrees were created.

You can pass while doing nothing, learning nothing, and nobody questions it because all communications majors are retarded anyway so you can't tell the difference.
Almost all of them like you said get a degree in something that's basically basic weaving (health studies, communications, sports manangement, liberal arts, general studies).

For most broadcasted games they do a "featured student athlete profile" and it's literally someone with barely a 3.0 GPA with a degree like gender studies or sports management

they are now doing the same classes as other kids who would normally need a high gpa in order to get into such esteemed colleges.
No there not. High GPA kids aren't getting degrees in gender studies and sports management. Go look at the student profile of any competive college program and 95% of the students are basically getting majors in basket weaving

Back