How do college athletes survive college?

This is why they are close to being paid to play ball. Now that crooked shit like this gets put on the internet there is no point in pretending they are students anymore. They should not get a degree, but they should be paid based on how much money their athletic department bring in. For some players, that could be close to a million a year. They will be able to get a job after just based on playing D1 ball. There are guys given high paying jobs simply because they played for a team the CEO likes.

They should take sports out of the education system. They already make enough money charging a shitload per semester and rising.
I wonder if they can allow athletes to major in their sport.

Yes, I'm being honest.

- 1 credit for off season training.
- 3 credits for playing on the team during the season
- 1 credit for away games (lab)

Then, classes can be filled with electives like:

- kenisology (Biology)
- History of the OLympics (History)
- Broadcasting (Communication)
- Public Speaking (Communication)
- Nutrition (Chemistry)
- Social Media to Build Your Brand (Journalism)

- Etc...

I knew a few of the athletes at my school. They were encouraged to take very select majors to coincide with their schedules. Those majors were things like political science, anthropology, sports education, etc etc. From what was relayed to me, the ease of those classes was purposeful because the practice and team schedule was so arduous. These dudes would wake up at 4 and get home around 9 every single day. Weights, practice, class, team meeting, practice, home. That was their life for 3 years. Anywho, the teammates took a lot of classes together. They had the same professors and everything who specifically had classes scheduled around the athletes. This was a big university. You COULD take other majors, but theu always said there were underhanded pseudo punishments for not conforming.

When it comes to athletic scholarships some schools are more education based (private) and some are more athletic based (large public schools).

Last edited:
It’s a massive scam. Sports bring huge money to the college. I have seen athletes on sports scholarships that come from some extremely low income parts of the US. They’re rolling in BMW’s and wearing fur coats and jewelry around campus. It’s probably one of the worst kept secrets about universities
The amount of wealth it creates for the University is a misnomer.

When the UNC scandal broke, I believe only 15% of DI schools made a profit due to their athletic program. The vast majority crush the budget of the school.

Anyone who’s been on a college campus knows you can easily spot the athletes because they wear the same warmups and sliders every. Single. Day. Never saw any wearing a fur coat
The best part is seeing a giant OL riding around campus on a scooter. Every football player I saw at UF was on one of those damn things.

I always wondered this myself.
Are they really thrown in with the regular kids at state schools? Sports are big business for them I'd think. I certainly never met a college athlete. And that Rosa Parks essay was a work of art compared to some of the research papers I proof read.

We're very clearly declining.

Good question. I always imagined the athletes had their own set of classes with the grading adjusted on a curve. The majority of the guys in university probably get drafted in some form, and thus never complete the degree proper anyway. Assuming that’s the case, I feel like professors give feedback to whatever they hand in, but ultimately give them a C.

Did you really get essays worst than the footballer above?

I always wondered this myself.

Good question. I always imagined the athletes had their own set of classes with the grading adjusted on a curve. The majority of the guys in university probably get drafted in some form, and thus never complete the degree proper anyway. Assuming that’s the case, I feel like professors give feedback to whatever they hand in, but ultimately give them a C.

Did you really get essays worst than the footballer above?
Not essays but research paper drafts. Maybe not worse but certainly less polished. I was fairly notorious for leaving out words and not finishing my thoughts.

I'm a university instructor and tutored athletes in grad. school for many hours. Yeah, there are some who think they'll be pro, but most are happy they get a free ride and work very hard. Athletes almost always do better than the average student in my classes.

Also, the athletic department gets on their case if they are not performing well in classes.

I went to a huge University with a D-1 program. Those guys were not in class.

So they were meant to be in your class and didn't show up? Or you had tabs on every class at the huge university and knew if they were showing up?

I assume they probably get some help and a fairly easy ride through a shit degree, just would be interested in how this actually happens.

So they were meant to be in your class and didn't show up? Or you had tabs on every class at the huge university and knew if they were showing up?

I assume they probably get some help and a fairly easy ride through a shit degree, just would be interested in how this actually happens.

You can watch tons of sports journalism on the topic if you care to look it up. They don't go to class, they don't take tests and they don't study. That's why the guys in the OP video can't speak English or read yet are in good schools.

You can watch tons of sports journalism on the topic if you care to look it up. They don't go to class, they don't take tests and they don't study. That's why the guys in the OP video can't speak English or read yet are in good schools.

Ok, you don't know about it, understand.

Lol I had a class with like the whole basketball team in it.

The professor took care of them nicely (whenever they cared to show up).

Back