How Diego fought Gil Is How Fighters Should Fight Bisping

DoUEvenLiftBro

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If a guy is content to pick at you from a distance, but can't hurt you in a brawl, why not make the fight ugly? Diego almost beat a fighter that is extremely more skilled than him just by turning the fight into a brawl. It sickens me to watch fighters get peppered by Bisping's crap and not get fired up to brawl.

Diego's gonna end up brain dead because walking into punches is a terrible way to fight. He was slurring his words like crazy in the post fight interview

lol this is the most random Bisping thead Ive ever read

its also how everybody should fight Okami. Its not really the best way to fight Gilbert Melendez though, but im sure middleweights will be thinking that Diego just laid out the blueprint on Michael Bisping.

Leben did it, I thought he deserved the win as well.

The only reason Sanchez had a shot is because Gil gave it to him.

Leben did it, I thought he deserved the win as well.

Against Bisping??? C'mon, he hardly laid a hand on Bisping. Bisping was far from violently dominant in that fight, but there was clear daylight between the two on the scorecards, fight metrics, and basic viewing analysis. And Leben endorsed the decision, too.

Leben's face looked like a plate of sausage meat at the end of that fight - Bisping looked like he'd been for a light jog round the park.

Brawling is actually more complicated than just swinging like a maniac and going forward and does demand skill. Believe it or not, Bisping, like anybody else has the power to finish somebody who charges at him completely open.

Matt Brown occasionaly shows a rather technical and tactically sound kind of brawling, but sometimes he IS a bit reckless.

It takes two to brawl. Bisping would never brawl. He'd probably just shoot a double on an opponent who was flailing madly.

Almost beat?

Yes.
d2.gif

Not enough fighters go for broke like Diego did and coast to losing decisions.

Everytime Wand brawled with Bisping, he had him hurt. But he was content most of that fight to play Bisping's game. I swear, if more fighters just went wild like Diego on Mr. Pillowfists, he'd have so many more losses. Even Jorge Rivera would have had a chance with his KO ability.

It takes two to brawl. Bisping would never brawl. He'd probably just shoot a double on an opponent who was flailing madly.

Bisping is scared of being hit and freezes up when fighters come at him. Even Leben was catching him good early, and Leben is horribly slow.

Why this thread came to mind I will never understand.

Back