How did you score Ruiz-Parker?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
i didn’t see it at the time but watched it this morning

Mmmmm. I don’t remember this getting a lot of robbery talk ( maybe i am not remembering) but i had ruiz winning 8-4 this morning.

Am i missing something? This cat should have been a world hw champion like 4 years ago

As far as I remember most people in here thought Ruiz won this rather clearly.

I thought Parker won more rounds, with Ruiz not throwing enough punches

I vaguely remember Ruiz edging it slightly.

Now I know why Ruiz didnt want to fight in England.

I think 7-5 Ruiz and he didn't even really fight as well as he could've. If Ruiz ever got in shape he'd be an excellent fighter. As it stands he's still world class.

I watched it live but had a friend over so didn't score rounds but I remember not having a problem with the decision. It was close though.

I will say that essentially everyone here got it right that Ruiz was much, much better than Miller and a pretty dangerous short notice replacement for Joshua. Most of the the places I looked didn't really see it like that.

I watched it after the AJ fight, I thought Ruiz was winning but the commentary team on the version I was watching kept talking about how inactive he was in the middle rounds so I didn’t immediately cry foul about Parker winning.

I saw it 7-5/ 8-4 Ruiz. clearly he won imo

I will say that essentially everyone here got it right that Ruiz was much, much better than Miller and a pretty dangerous short notice replacement for Joshua. Most of the the places I looked didn't really see it like that.
His hand speed is hard to miss

His fight before the AJ fight was on a pbc undercard(it was outdoors and daylight and the crowd was basically empty), i had it on at work as background, my coworker doesn't know much about boxing and he said "that chubby dude has fucking hands" or something of that nature

It pops off the screen even to the layman

I thought Ruiz basically gave it away in his opponent's backyard by failing to let his hands go as much as he should have in the middle rounds. That being said, I still had him a point ahead 115-114 at the end. So, yeah, without a doubt in my mind he'd be unbeaten if the fight had taken place on neutral ground.

I had Ruiz winning at the time. I’ve only watched it once and was really pulling for Ruiz so my view could have been skewed.
I’ll have to watch It again tonight.

Just finished watching it and I had it 115-113 to Parker but I wouldn't complain if someone had given it to Ruiz. Very close fight.

It such an awful fight, It's hard for me to go back and watch it again. What I recall from that fight was that it was a close fight that could've gone either way. Andy didn't let his hands go.

Ruiz won 7-5, but the obvious hometown factor played its part and Parker got the nod.

I had seen Ruiz fight several times before and I knew he could compete with any of the top tier. I am at least glad that he didn't give in to facing AJ in England, I wouldn't trust the judges in that case. Either way I think Ruiz takes it into his own hands and runs over AJ again, wherever they fight.

As for Parker, I hope Ruiz-Parker goes down again in the US. I feel like Ruiz will win a UD or possibly TKO him late.

Back