How Did You Score Round 1 of Brown-Silva?

10-9 Brown or maybe a draw. Great round.

10-9 Brown. Silva briefly had Brown in trouble and had solid back control but Brown beat the brakes off him for the rest of the round.

And then another two minutes of back control with multiple solid submission attempts.

Yeah, I don't think that overcomes knocking a dude around the octagon silly afterward. Thats my point. Fans are giving back control and failed submission attempts to much credit.

10-10. Don't know how you could score it 10-9 for either fighter

This isn't Pride.
Effort to finish the fight is worth dick all in the UFC.

To the official judges, not to fans. Well, except the shitty fans. Not all fighters fight with point scoring on their minds either.

Yeah, I don't think that overcomes knocking a dude around the octagon silly afterward. Thats my point. Fans are giving back control and failed submission attempts to much credit.

Yeah because subs only take a few seconds to end an entire fight. You can't not take into account the fact the fight was close to being stopped just like when a guy gets rocked standing.

Yeah because subs only take a few seconds to end an entire fight. You can't not take into account the fact the fight was close to being stopped just like when a guy gets rocked standing.

Outside of the liver kick it wasn't close to being stopped. Brown fought him off intelligently the whole time. He never had his air cut off, never turned red from almost getting chocked out...he just had Silva on his back for a couple of minutes and had to play defense. That doesn't compare to actual damage.

10-9 brown for reasons already stated. Close round tho

10-9 brown. anyone who has it otherwise must be brazilian

So I guess we're completely ignoring the liver kick knockdown and follow up ground and pound. That was the closest the fight came to being stopped in that round.

thats the only thing in that rd that prevented it from being 10-8 matt brown

Lol, jesus people. Brown beat the breaks off him in round 1. A cpl of minutes of trying to secure a rear naked choke doesnt get you more points than dozens of elbows, punches, and kicks.

Smarten up people!!

that

Round 1 should be Silva's because he was on the verge of a stoppage. Brown recovered well and delivered some hard ones on Silva for the latter part but you can see Silva handling all of it. He was hurt but nowhere near finished.

Didn't.

What was the point?

By the horn on that round, I would have bet everything I own that the fight wasn't going the distance.

10-10 or 10-9 Brown.

TS, you are correct, if they scored the round by who won more of the 5 minutes, than SIlva won. But they dont, its whoever accomplishes more overall and does more damage overall, not who controlled more minutes.

But I could definitely see a 10-10 round.

10-9 Brown he finished the round stronger and had Silva almost put away by the end of the round.

Back