How did you guys recover from Tim Johnson loss?

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I thought this was the easiest money you could make this year. I thought free underdog money was laying on the table just for grabs. Bookies knew something we don't, they opened up Fedor at 1.60.... wonder why? wink-wink.

I don't want yellow card so I'm not gonna say it out loud.

Tim didn't even cage push him. Just wow.

There were few red flags if I really think about it.
1) Fight took place in Russia
2) Tim giving too much respect for Fedor pre fight. Sounded like he didn't want to beat Fedor because Fedor is such a legend.

fedor looked good, he is still quite fast. Johnson is just a very wild defensively flawed and slow fighter. getting caught in round 1 was always possible.

it is what it is man, Fedor had a massive speed advantage and he can still crack. Not the first time Tims been cracked in first, Junior Albini did it to him lol

Fedor is the GOAT and you went big against him? How dare you, sir. He was almost a middleweight who happened to like ice cream too much.

Attachments

• its delicious.jpg
    its delicious.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 6
I feel like a dip shit for betting against the last emperor . The mma gods were not pleased.

I'm gonna translate the OP for everyone here:

"I often come here acting like I have some sort of spectacular insight that none of you do, despite being objectively clowned more times than not. In this fight, I foolishly assumed that because Fedor can no longer take a decent punch, he's also incapable of throwing one. So...I lost. But, rather than just STFU and eat my shit sandwich, I'll start a thread to make excuses as to why I lost."

TS, your point #1 is laughable on multiple fronts. First...you had to "really think about" if the fight being Russia might be a factor? You placed a wager on a fight that you presumably knew the venue of...but AFTER it was over decided to think about whether to factor that in? Also...is that actually how you think a fight gets fixed? A guy goes in and eats 3 massive bombs in an exchange to the point of being concussed to "throw" the fight? Seriously? You think Tim Johnson said "Sure, not only will I throw this fight, I'll make sure it doesn't look fishy by getting my head blasted into Siberia by multiple vicious punches...sounds great!"

Also, you're welcome. I posted in your shitty thread, so if people can get past your OP at least they're guaranteed something worthwhile to read.

Minakov screwed me long before Fedor walked out and did the unthinkable.

But I actually managed to break even after doubling my money during the UFC prelims. Should have just stuck to my guns and went with Vettori by decision rather than sprinkling something on his round props, and I shouldn't have leaned so heavily in Choi.

Also shouldn't have put anything on Joselyne, but I wasn't in control of my actions at the time, I swear.

I'm gonna translate the OP for everyone here:

"I often come here acting like I have some sort of spectacular insight that none of you do, despite being objectively clowned more times than not. In this fight, I foolishly assumed that because Fedor can no longer take a decent punch, he's also incapable of throwing one. So...I lost. But, rather than just STFU and eat my shit sandwich, I'll start a thread to make excuses as to why I lost."

TS, your point #1 is laughable on multiple fronts. First...you had to "really think about" if the fight being Russia might be a factor? You placed a wager on a fight that you presumably knew the venue of...but AFTER it was over decided to think about whether to factor that in? Also...is that actually how you think a fight gets fixed? A guy goes in and eats 3 massive bombs in an exchange to the point of being concussed to "throw" the fight? Seriously? You think Tim Johnson said "Sure, not only will I throw this fight, I'll make sure it doesn't look fishy by getting my head blasted into Siberia by multiple vicious punches...sounds great!"

Also, you're welcome. I posted in your shitty thread, so if people can get past your OP at least they're guaranteed something worthwhile to read.
Congratz you got my attention.

You are still a bum tho.

Managed to mitigate my loss with a parlay of Usman Nurmagomedov ITD (-400) and Fedor/Johnson fight ends ITD (-400), came out ahead on the weekend thanks to my Gregory Rodrigues ML bet cashing (barely).

I think I was too focused on Fedor's chin and not enough on Johnson's. Lesson learned

Congratz you got my attention.

You are still a bum tho.

Oh hey look at that, I'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself little fella! My post was more for the entertainment of others here but I'm glad you were able to get something from it too!

I bet Tim J at + odds. I had a bad feeling before the fight. I dont want to say Tim Johnson sucks but he is basically average skilled HW fighting a more skilled but older man in foreign country. This has happened countless times in mma and I can't believe I fell for it even when I have criticised such fade betting in the past.

I don't follow these threads much anymore, but I was very surprised to see so many confident in Johnson. I don't get greedy on fights like this. If you know both have the best route for victory at ITD, play that.

Back