How did you guys find out about Sherdog?

One day Sherdog came to me and said "you must stay and argue about stupid things with a bunch of fat single guys who feel they could be UFC champions if they wanted to"....nah, I honestly have no clue, probably searching fight stats.

2003 I got to know this guy from Canada who told me about the ufc, how people fight to death and how tito ortiz was the most dangerous man in the world. So i looked it up and found this forum

I used to post on the mmajunkie forum and always heard people bitching about "shitdog" so I looked into what this "shitdog" was and found that sherdog is a far more fun forum...fuck the junkie forum they're all a bunch of uptight (unts

I followed MMA and knew of SHerdog.
One day, I ventured to the forum... never left :)

2009 in Afghanistan, one of our K9 handlers told me about it. Before that I was just going to the UFC site for info on upcoming fights

I can't remember. I got banned in 2005 for hating on Nick Diaz. My original join date was in 04 so I can't remember that far back.

Dana White was talking about it. Thank you Loretta Hunt.

Fighters stats and reading about it on the net. Created an account because things like a recent thread talking about wrestling and how it works in the US, the Olympic scene, Cael Sanderson, this are the things that I enjoy here. People showing knowledge, talking about it like regular people, about things that i as an European don't know nothing and mma being my favorite sport, i enjoy it.
Theres tuf,world mma, grappling, striking, gym tips, etc, lots of information. And the organization and layout are top notch. Cant read most of it, but sometimes theres a thread that catch the eye.
The problem is theres lot of people, childish behavior, egomaniacs, trolls, dumb, losers, threads like ''better trash talking mean stronger mentally'' this are the things that gives the Joe Rogan view power and truth. This ruin it for me, cause for one good thread theres one hundred garbage ones.
This is my point of view, more that passing time i like to learn here, i talk stupid shit to, but try not to give meaning to my life by being the man here, creating threads for stupid opinions, wanting attention derailing threads.
Apart from that, i come here time to time, search and found something interesting sometimes, but like i said, this is were all the mma information are, from the fans to the fans. Thats the most important.

I was a big pride fan and watched UFC as well. When I would google fighters to see who they fought and what their records were I landed on Fight Finder quite often. I read the forums and articles for few years before I started an account. Ohhhhhh the good old days!!!
Who is this Ryoto Machida guy? I think he was the only loss that Franklin had and he had beaten bonner in the past.
Then post whoring became really popular because somehow sherdoggers pride them selves on their belt color. "Rickson by arm bar" was the most famous post whore post.
Then when TUF 1 came out and people were curious and a lot of new people stumbled on this web site and forums had way more people. If you had a join date of less than a year the only response you would get if "STFU TUF newb"
Oh the memories!

Looking for Pride fighters stats and info.

Back