How did you guys find out about Sherdog?

Any forum not administered in vBulletin isn't worth participating in.

Court order
Life with no possibility of parole

2003 PRIDE event. Bas Rutten mentioned the forum while doing commentary for their show.

A combo of the highlights and video clips, and fightfinder.
I lurked here and MMA.tv for a while but then noticed one of my friends who I had shown the site had already signed up here, so I had to too.

It's too bad that success = copyright clampdown on video clips, Zuffa etc should learn that having awesome highlights and stuff draws in the fans, and ultimately makes more money.

The one with the Karate kid song? That was a badass highlight video

The Sherdog Royce highlight had 'Epic' by Faith No More as its music.

It's the greatest fight in mma history imo.

No TWO fighters of this calibre have been matched together before.

It may very well be. Crazy.

Yeah man. Wasn't really hyped before a week ago. Now I can't wait for this fight.

My guess is Jones will dominate later in the fight but god damn the first two rounds will be tense.

Would be fun if Cormier won but I gotta admit it would be nice if both Jones and Alex won this month :D

What do you think?

Yeah, if anything about DC has me worried it's his cardio. Other than that I think it'll be a tug of war. They will not want to give an inch to their opponent.

Another good part: Neither result will bum me out. If DC wins, that's great, and if Jones wins, we have our rematch should Gus win. Gonna be a good one! :)

Oooooooold highlight videos(Bas, Wand, Shamrock,etc) watermarked with Sherdog.com

Was a fucking long time ago, and I lurked the forums for years before actually registering in '07... for a reason that I don't recall anymore, yet am sure was monumentally important at the time.

My brother had his first fight coming up and I searched his opponent's name and found him on fight finder. Lurked the forums for a couple years before joining.

I used Sherdog for finding records of fighters without Wikipedia page, than I discovered a forum. Probably was not the best idea...

This, I found that site a long time ago but I only used it to check records. That was at good old pride days.

A friend of mine, who was a big Pride fan told me about this forum.

My discovery was due to ESPN partnering with Sherdog for MMA coverage for a time. When that ended ESPN's reporting was sub-par so directly to Sherdog I went. The articles and forums here provide thorough and entertaining coverage and opinions for my tastes.

I don't remember anymore, it's been too long. But I used to stay up late and read the play by play of Pride events.

i used to live next door to DMF back in the day when i was an alcoholic, we were barred from more bars than i care to remember, Matt used to come and pick us up at the end of a messy night and drop us home, i could never figure out why he would put himself out like this, i never really gave a fuck though just happy to get home.
so i guess i must have cottoned onto it from those days

Did he give a free plat account just for knowing him?

I was googling the term Shertard and viola here I am.

I can't recall.

Used google to search "which site has had the most rustled jimmies"

I was on Fight Forum and people would make fun of Sherdog all the time so I looked it up to see what it was all about and I liked how quickly the threads update because of so many members so I joined.

watched some highlight made by sherdog back in 98 im pretty sure

I think I found these forums after watching a replay of Frank Shamrock's win over Tito and was googling info about Frank. If I had signed up immediately I'd have a much earlier join date but I only lurked for a long time. Sometimes I wish I had stayed that way. haha

I used to post on Usenet and have an account on The Underground. Usenet has been slowly dying for a long time and, as many others have said, the Underground's software interface really sucks. I haven't looked at it in a long time though.

Back