How did you find out your dog died?

I was lied to and told it was sick from worms.

I was very very young, my parents put it in a home cause they didn't want a dog (it was a xmas gift to them).

I still get mad when i see it in pictures. Black lab. Would have been my best friend.

While I feel for you, what kind of dick gets a family a dog when the parents aren't on board? May as well drop your unwanted infant off on someone's doorstep with a note saying "Figured you could use this."

Not mine by a ex's dog. This dog was a dopey pussy, he was known for being both a coward and very dumb but I grew very attached to the guy.

disclaimer - some wont like this story and will say it shows lack of loyalty

One day me and the ex were messing around in the living room having a pillow fight. She smacked me in the head and I jokingly 'sold it' like they do in pro wrestling. Her dog didn't grow up on 80s wrestling and didn't see the joke. He jumped up and went to bite her face, then stood in front of me growling at her like a hellhound. Me and her just looked at each other in silence for a moment. Then I obviously bent down and grabbed him in a big hug saying 'who's a good boy'

Needless to say he got extra long walks and the best food while I was around. In the end me and this girl had a messy break up. A year or so later we started speaking again, turns out her dog wasn't doing so well and she wanted me to go over and see him. I ended up in another relationship and going round to hers often was not really appropriate. Long story short I get a call saying she was on the way home after putting him down and thought I would want to know. Yeah no shit, I would have wanted to spend some time with him before too. I still feel bitter about that, bitch.

While I feel for you, what kind of dick gets a family a dog when the parents aren't on board? May as well drop your unwanted infant off on someone's doorstep with a note saying "Figured you could use this."

It was from my cousin who was like 14. I dunno why my aunt let her do it though.

first dog got hit by motorcycle and dragged up road under the sidecart
my mother took her to vet and put her down
she told me the dog just died on its own at the vet

second dog attacked my friend, bc it thought it was protecting me
was a nasty bite that went through the muscle in her arm, had to put the dog down

third dog lived to be old, and also had to be put down
but first he had continuous strokes or something, and while he was still alive, he wasnt really conscious bc certain areas in his brain had shut down. it was like a living corpse sort of thing, was very sad
and tbh that was fucking horrific, bc through the strokes he was screaming and clearly in a lot of pain ):
but days before he died he knew, and went around the house and made sure to spend time with all of us, including the other animals. and before the strokes started he went out onto the porch and just stared off into the yard for one last time. i went out and sat with him, realizing what was going to happen, then when he came back in i had to go to my room a moment, to cry tbh

have had terrible luck with dogs tbh but i still love them and would like to have another some day

I don't even have a dog.
Let alone a dead one.

I have a cat that is alive, though - unfortunately.
I think that he is gay. He is constantly annoying me. Like he is trying to kiss me.
9RPUnM.gif

I had to stop reading the thread after about few postings. Sad to continue on.

I was in Iraq when my Abby died. She was only 9. I was 19. My mom didn't tell me for about two weeks

I haven't had a pet since I was a kid. Bulldog with heart issues from being poorly bred.

I came home from school one day and my mother told me that she had some bad news to tell me. I told her the dog was dead, and she said yes.

Good dog. Haven't considered getting another since.

Back