How Did You End Up On Here?

From a weightlifting forum. One of the guys on there mentioned Sherdog, and since I had just started training in Jiu-Jitsu I thought I'd check it out.

I got an iPad from my girl then she left, I didn’t know why, so I googled it

I used to discuss MMA on a MySpace forum a very long time ago. Someone there referred me to an invite-only MMA forum where people took the sport pretty seriously. I applied and was accepted based on my friend's recommendation. I posted there for a very long time, in fact I stole the model for my Sherdog Prediction Contests from them (and the current prediction site stole it from ME). The CEO of Crave contacted me for feedback on Sherdog's official prediction contest system back when that started up.

That forum had pretty strict rules on conduct and if you broke the rules you got one warning lifetime, and a second infraction had you banned forever. There was no shitposting, no flaming, and absolutely no fighter bashing. It was awesome. Plenty of people didn't like plenty of fighters, but had to express their feelings in a civil fashion. We didn't have members who kept whining and complaining about the same fighters as their entire identity.

That forum used to refer to Sherdog as the absolute worst place on the net to talk about MMA. People who were banned from there were usually sent here.

Eventually the guys who were hosting that site moved on to other things and that site closed. I went back to MySpace, and for shit and giggles, started an account here.

This place has always had some pretty bad people but turns out there are also some pretty great people, so I've been here a dozen years. I also have an account on the Underground but that site's pretty flat. I also had an account on BJ Penn but I was banned there for not hating GSP.

There aren't really a lot of good options for MMA fans. This place would be better if the rules mattered, but it's entirely revenue driven now and all that seems to matter is traffic. I guess that makes sense from a business perspective but as a fan I'm disappointed.

I have been on here since the early 2000's but forgot my password to the OG account. I made this one while I was in university between classes to kill some time.

I was searching for tranny dogs on Google and sherdog.com popped up

Used to kill time in a shitty job reading interviews and reviews of old Pride events on SFUK and saw some references to Sherdog so killed time with that instead...

None of my friends are into MMA as much as I am, so I just ended up looking up MMA message boards on Google.

This place is an odd to mixture of people, but there's definitely enough MMA knowledge and good laughs for me to keep sticking around.

Been lurking many MMA related sites since 2002.

I just want too see discussion about fights arround 2006 I noticed sherdog more and more on my google search and started lurking here whenever there are big fights.

At first I thought everyone here are martial artists I thought this is some club for a martial art school and that the Sherdog belts are actual MA belts.

Yeah I am that dumb but then sooner or I realized there are even more retarded people here than me so I figure hey they could not possibly be trained martial artists if their fight opinions are that stupid!

So I signed up in 2011.

Had an old account but stopped coming here because I posted on the underground. After that place became a ghost town, I came back here.

Was a member of mmacrypt.com years ago. Came here mostly because of how active this place is.

Not sure what happened at mmacrypt. It appears to be in the hands of a Canadian member now and there’s less than 20 members.

I guess it was all the craziness with Barnett's drug test and Affliction going under.

I honestly don’t remember, back in the day I was on bb.com, ebaumsworldforum and sherdog.

Was looking at fighter records and then went on the forum.

I was writing for a small newspaper in Southern Illinois back in 2006 covering local MMA fights and one of the trainers/retired fighters told me about Sherdog. Made my first account shortly after and didn't post all that much from it but spent a lot of time on the front page and fight finder. Wasn't until I made this account that I started posting a lot.

Always wondered how people found there way to this forum ....

I been lurking on here idk 15 + years after the subfighter & mma weekly forums got deleted I decided to sign up .

It's nice being part of the sherdog family
Started doing BJJ in 06 and my instructor came to my house to use my PC and left the page open and I trolled until I got him banned, sorry Saulo.

Sherdog fighter highlights like Bas Rutten, Wendy, and frank Shamrock made me check out the forums. Been on here ever since almost daily mostly lurking.

Back