How did you discover Santa was fake?

I had friends with older siblings that told us when we were in 2nd grade. But through the years I have witnessed the spirit of Santa through the selfless acts of others during the xmas season. Just today I saw a woman take off her coat and give it to a homeless lady.

I was heavily questioning santa and my parents were adiment on telling me he was real. I asked my grandma and she told me that his spirit in the will of men was real. I announced like a little dipshitt Santas not real, I knew it! And was really satisfied. I think I had adhd at the time

I discovered that we had the same wrapping paper at home, like the one in which my christmas present box was wrapped.
Since I already had the doubt, it wasn't hard to guess at all, even for a little kid.

had a tag on a few christmas present tags say FROM MOM AND DAD crossed out poorly with FROM SANTA below it.

Some bastard kid in my carpool told me.

when my parents asked me what I wanted for Christmas then bought it for me

I had 2 older brothers with big mouths. I remember one year I hid behind the tree, waiting and waiting until I passed out sleeping.

I kind of figured it out for myself in grade school, but I had younger brothers so I played along.

I started reading the labels and noticed that they had "from Mum and Dad" written on them.

My parents are Caribbean and generally caribbean folks don't bother with the whole Santa Clause ordeal but needless to say my mother tried to make me believe Santa Clause was real until I had received some gifts from my grand parents which said the gifts were from them so I just put two in two together. I probably believed Santa Clause existence for only 6 months to a year at the age of 5.

I actually never remember believing he was real. One night, my parents did the cookies and bell shit and I kept telling my mom, "it's just dad" but they felt like trying to convince me. That aside, I did believe a ton of different dumb shit as a kid.

I'm Dutch, so we have Sinterklaas.

Some days before december the 5th some classmate told me he wasn't real. I didn't believe him at that point.

In the following summer vacation I told my parents what my classmate told me. My parents told me he was right and that Sinterklaas was not real. And I was like: "Of course he's real. Who else bringe me all those presents? You?" They looked at me like "yeah duh". I was kinda pissed at that point.

In third grade my folks took us to the Bahamas over X-mas break. And I remember wondering, "why is Santa black here?" Then it just about immediately occurred to me that it's just some black Bahamian dude in a shitty Santa costume. Just like the guy in the mall back home was some random white guy in a slightly less shitty costume.

my co-workers were talking about buying gifts and i told them they didn't have to because santa will take care of it. they laughed and said "ah sauce. such a great addition to company. let us hope he shall never be fired from this particular position." my life changed from there on out.

Busted my grandfather putting presents under the tree instead of santa late at night.

Wasnt particularly shocked

my brother told me when I was like 8 or so. I was heart broken at first but the fun of snooping around for xmas gifts was awesome.

Back