How did Tyron Woodley put on such a dominant performance against Darren Till

I think the bigger question is how Woodley was so dominant against Till but no one has been able to come close to beating him that way at 185
Till was cutting over 40 pounds to make 170. He had no business being at welterweight.

Till seemingly froze there. He isn't exactly known for his output but that fight was like a parody of his worst habits. Ironically in the Masvidal fight he was far too aggressive. He seems to have found a relatively good balance since.
has he?
he has 3 losses out of the last 4 matches and that one win was a split decision
the guy is overrated as hell

Wood was coming off two lackluster title defenses (Maia, Wonderboy II) and it seemed like he came out to silence his critics

Even if you look back at his fights before that whenever he'd put on a stinker performance (losses to Rory & Shields) he'd come rushing out of the gate in the following fights (Koscheck, DHK)

He tried doing it again just recently vs Luque, but it backfired

Why did Anderson Slva put such a dominant performance against Stephan Bonnar?

And while Maia fight ranks among the worst title fights in history it was still very lopsided win fo him.

but put on 3 straight fights where he looked totally washed up afterwards? He showed a little bit more against luque but his chin seemed a little bit shot. Is Darren Till just a complete can or did age catch up to T-Wood in the following months
aUGvhlf.png
I tend to feel that Woodley declined very quickly or perhaps got a bit complacent; not to mention his style of backing up kinda caught up to him against pressure fighters that don't fall for his kill shots.. His first round submission loss to Luque was probably his most impressive fight he has had since the Till fight in my opinion. Hindsight is 20/20 though -- I still regard Woodley as a very successful champion that never really got around to most fans for one reason or another.

‘Till ain’t the tapping type’

Fucking Anik the goof.

Because Till isn't as good as he was made out to be back then. The UFC was promoting him as some next level knockout artist. Current Woodley beats Till

Till is one dimensional and he threw a lead uppercut-cross combo against one of the most explosive guys in the UFC. Bad move from Till, similar to the Weidman wheel kick but not as bad.

He's put on bad shows before that. His fights with Shields and McDonald years ago show that he is capable of doing almost nothing in a fight when he is closed down in certain ways. His fights with Maia and 2nd with Thompson were pretty dire too. He can be "brefuddled" more so than most.

He's focusing more on his artistic endeavors. Something Sherdog meatheads could not appreciate.

Levels to this.

Seriosuly, he's...fallin' in an outta love with fightin'. :D

can i say that they both can- they both really can

Ppl seem to forget in this thread hat till beat wonderboy at ww? Who now has a good case to fight for the title and is considered the best striker of the division? But he just fought cans and was rushed to a titleshot amirite?

It was a stylistic good match up for woodley and he was still in his prime.

Back