How did Thompson look?

The fight was a joke. Thompson failed on a toe hold, completely fell off Prindle, and Prindle sat there and waited for Thompson to get back into side control and finish the fight. Gimme a fkn break Sherdog. I could have help Prindle down there, because he mad ZERO effort to get up, EVEN WHEN NOBODY WAS ON HIM. That fight was low, low quality. imho.
It was absolutely low quality. The most entertaining part I guess was the post fight interview. I wasn't even a good just bleed fight.

I wasn't home yesterday so I missed the even(was out getting drunk for no reason) :icon_sad:

How did The Colossus look? I see that he won by KO in the first. How did the KO come?

Drinking for no reason is a fine excuse for missing that card. I'm a Bellator fan and that was just a bore. Sokoudjou finished his opponent quickly and Thompson finished his opponent quickly by having his way with him. Two cans losing to even larger cans.

If Thompson fights a Volkov, Minikov, Ivanov, Kongo, MM, even probably a Lavar Johnson, he's likely going to get destroyed.

Oh, and that post-fight speech was embarrassing.

Thompson looked as good as he could against an over-matched opponent who didn't want to be there.

But great to see James get a win and make a hilarious speech.

England, yes, London, no. He's closer to where Bisping is from, i.e. the northwestern part of England.

He's from Bristol which is more south west. He also can't pronounce his R's by the sound of things - which makes it harder to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FENw5satQsA

england.gif

Drinking for no reason is a fine excuse for missing that card. I'm a Bellator fan and that was just a bore. Sokoudjou finished his opponent quickly and Thompson finished his opponent quickly by having his way with him. Two cans losing to even larger cans.

If Thompson fights a Volkov, Minikov, Ivanov, Kongo, MM, even probably a Lavar Johnson, he's likely going to get destroyed.

Oh, and that post-fight speech was embarrassing.

Maybe the term "Journey-man" is more appropriate?

Why was it embarassing? It was quite amusing (with intent).

Yeah sorry I like the guy but that fight shows nothing except that he can get a takedown on Pringle. The post interview gave me the impression that James should get out the fight game before its too late. Hes charismatic and funny and clearly a nice guy but spoke with a lot more slurred speech then I remember. Tell me I'm wrong? Whats your take Jimmy boogaloo?

Bellator needs to get rid of Prindle. He turtles up everytime he gets hurt and constantly complains the other guy somehow cheated (shots to back of head) to win. The guy just doesn't have the fight in him when things don't go his was. As for James he looked very dominant over a guy that can't take a punch. I would like to see how he does against a tougher opponent something of which Prindle is not.

His grappling actually is not that bad. If he forgoes standing and brawling and rather implements a grappling oriented mma game, he could continue to have some decent results.

Man I really like James...I remember when he talked about attempt at intimidation of Aleks and he just kinda laughed it off. Seems like a solid guy, would be cool to see him get picked up by the UFC and figt Sao..

Good for him to get a win. However, I am dissapointed that after all that shit talking, he didnt even attempt to try and go to one fc.

Good to see things go JT's way for once. Dude has been screwed over way too many times. Kimbo, Butterbean, Kawaguchi, Grove, Pudz.

Who would he fight?

Oh I take it you guys missed the major shit talking didn't you?

Well when I was promoting the mcsweeney fight he did what he loves to do and talk himself into a fight. He made up an awesome jt story as usual, but ruined it with" I just need people to see me fight" and went from awesome to mediocre that quick IMO.

I was told to give him contact info to one fc and did. He never responded.

Was fun while it lasted for a week or so.

Man I really like James...I remember when he talked about attempt at intimidation of Aleks and he just kinda laughed it off. Seems like a solid guy, would be cool to see him get picked up by the UFC and figt Sao..

Yeah, he made that video responding to "when people look scary but fight shitty" or whatever the site was, and had a pretty refreshing attitude.

I always thought he would be great if they did another heavyweight TUF (way overdue) but that was before TUF completely ran out of steam. I'd be all for a shot in the UFC, but a few years back Dana referred to him as "some guy they got from the morgue" in reference to the Kimbo fight.

Oh I take it you guys missed the major shit talking didn't you?

Well when I was promoting the mcsweeney fight he did what he loves to do and talk himself into a fight. He made up an awesome jt story as usual, but ruined it with" I just need people to see me fight" and went from awesome to mediocre that quick IMO.

I was told to give him contact info to one fc and did. He never responded.

Was fun while it lasted for a week or so.

Well if you can go to the #2 you take it! especially when they are doing good. but what's your connection to OneFC?

Yeah, he made that video responding to "when people look scary but fight shitty" or whatever the site was, and had a pretty refreshing attitude.

I always thought he would be great if they did another heavyweight TUF (way overdue) but that was before TUF completely ran out of steam. I'd be all for a shot in the UFC, but a few years back Dana referred to him as "some guy they got from the morgue" in reference to the Kimbo fight.

Don't worry what dana says. He also said about fedors wins over aa, sylvia and werdum as guys who got cut and couldn't make it in ufc.

Which neither of those guys got cut

A fair amount of back of the head shots. Should have been stopped with a penalty point.

Regardless, with or without them, the fight would have looked almost exactly the same.

The only other interesting notes were the brief attempt at an ankle lock and Prindle's complete disinterest in moving, even when Thompson got off him for a couple seconds.

Back