How did they not stop the fight the sec Roxeanne got slammed?

Blindedinchains

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You can tell she was done the sec she tried getting up. Good fight though (minus the cage grabbing)

I have no idea either, felt really bad watching such a nice person take extra punishment beyond what was necessary. ref shouldve noticed her go limp

I wish she had let go/stood up and not let herself get slammed again like with Kaufman.

The first slam was the beginning of her skid. Now another bad one. She could have brain damage/be punch drunk far earlier than she should be.

Well, at least Jessica's follow on strikes weren't too brutal. I think I've have been more upset if she'd gone and pounded the snot out of her. I think she wasn't sure how badly hurt Roxanne was. She backed off as if to let it go standing again, then realized that it was over.

Two slam KOs though now. I honestly think Modaferri is better suited at 125. Aiming for the UFC is admirable and all, but I don't see her being big or strong enough to compete with fighters like Carmouche, Rousey, Zingano, etc. She was as overmatched in that fight as that poor girl they fed to Cyborg last weekend.

Ref was waiting to see if the other girl grabbed the fence again first.

Thanks because I was logging on specifically to post this. My wife and I were literally yelling at the television but usually if its something that awful or blatant you'd think one of the fighters or Dana would have said something. But obviously me and my wife weren't the only one's to see it. Even if the first slam didn't do it at one point Roxy tried to stand up and just fell right over. The ref didn't stop it. Jess had to jump down and start pounding all over again before he got his head out of his ass. I was rooting for Jess to win but that was bullshit.

I wish she had let go/stood up and not let herself get slammed again like with Kaufman.

Wow. I got yellow carded by the mod a couple weeks ago for posting the Kaufman slam gif in a thread Roxanne was posting in - and joking that it might happen again on the show. Gotta say I feel pretty bad about that. I hope Roxy gets a fight at the TUF finale and gets into top shape.

Does anyone have a gif for those who haven't seen it?

Back to the red dress I guess.....

Maybe not after the slam, but definitely after the punch to the head as she was first trying to get up, that laid her right out.

Anyway, good effort on Roxy's part, and holy crap, get better refs. Like Winslow, even.

Maybe not after the slam, but definitely after the punch to the head as she was first trying to get up, that laid her right out.

Anyway, good effort on Roxy's part, and holy crap, get better refs. Like Winslow, even.

I don't think Winslow would ever want to ref a womens fight. No dudes for her to grope.

That wasn't even much of a slam. It looked equivalent to falling back in a chair.

It was over after the slam for sure, but she was already woozy before.

Looked like Frankenstein's monster trying to rise from the table after that - shame it happened to such a nice person, but that's the fight game.

This is the 2nd time Roxy's been slammed in a fight like that.

Back