How did the Triller deal for Lopez vs Kambosos fail?

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Did they just keep postponing it until Lopez’ team got pissed off? Did they not have the money they promised? This fight could have been finished months ago but this promotion messed everything up

I don't even know you but i could have sworn i saw a thread by you on the front page the other day about deleting your account.

They bungled it but Lopez also played his part in delaying the fight. Triller postponed the original fight date because it clashed with Mayweather Paul. I don't think that was their fault just bad timing. It got put back a couple of weeks but then just a few days before the fight unvaccinated Lopez got covid. His opponent was rightly pissed off.

Then they got into a spat over where the fight should be. Triller wanted it in Australia because they thought they'd get more money. Lopez refused and that really delayed things. Then there was another date change for October and the IBF ruled Triller lost the right to promote and it went to Matchroom. Matchroom picked a date and that was it.

There was other shit in there too. But it seemed like a combination of Triller being inept and Lopez being initially careless/unlucky and then difficult in negotiations.

Back