How did the alt-right became more popular than the tea party

The Tea Party was commandeered by a bunch of incoherent reactionary rubes.

The alt-right has a clear message and actual method of delivery: (i) white, straight males are under attack and that is all that matters in public discourse, more important (BORING!) economic and legal considerations be damned, and (ii) snarky irony-immune, pseudo-intellectual social media groups and virtual mothers basements.

More popular among whom? It's a much bigger umbrella that gets more media coverage and people seem to have no problem just calling people "alt right" who don't consider themselves as such. They call Ben Shapiro, Dave Rubin, and Jordan Peterson alt right ffs.

Shapiro and Rubin are absolutely alt-right.

Peterson not so much. He just happens to cater to them disproportionately.

are their fears irrational?

Yes, patently so, as least insofar as the reactions they prompt.

They're mobilizing toward pursuing disastrous policies that will be to the detriment of 99% of people, regardless of color or creed, because they feel like colored people are a threat to white hegemony. Meanwhile, wages continue to fall, corporations continue to box out local enterprise, profiteers continue to infiltrate public office and defang oversight of power distribution, the environment continues to be shit on, and wealth and political power continues to coagulate at the top of society-- all on the back of people, who, statistically, don't support those objectively bad policies, nevertheless voting for them due to having had those identity anxieties pandered to.

how are you defining alt right that orthodox jews are included?

lol I think the Nazi/antisemitic component is really overstated. Are some of them antisemitic? Sure. But antisemitism is really more of an historic relic of Western right-wing thought than anything else, and it doesn't have all that much of an organic place in the alt-right platform.

The alt-right isn't popular really. The people who really make it popular are the people who are self hating white liberals and racist minorities.

Alt right is being classified as any political view people disagree with, that's why. It's a failed attempt by the left and media to brand anyone who disagrees with them a racist, bigot etc. Basically anything left of Bernie is "alt right".

The alt-right has a clear message and actual method of delivery: (i) white, straight males are under attack and that is all that matters in public discourse, more important (BORING!) economic and legal considerations be damned, and (ii) snarky irony-immune, pseudo-intellectual social media groups and virtual mothers basements.

I don't think I'm very clear on what qualifies as "alt right". It can't be that clear if an orthodox jew and a gay married former young turk are part of the straight white supremacy movement.

Shapiro and Rubin are not Alt Right.

They've never self identified as such, and they're both openly lampooned by many personalities within the Alt Right.

Shapiro has openly said he doesn't care what the racial demographics of this country are as long as our ideals remain intact. That should be enough to realize he is not Alt Right.

Plus, ya know; the fact that they're both Jews.

Because tea sucks.

Unless you're having sushi, then green tea is allowed.

Shapiro and Rubin are not Alt Right.

They've never self identified as such, and they're both openly lampooned by many personalities within the Alt Right.

Shapiro has openly said he doesn't care what the racial demographics of this country are as long as our ideals remain intact. That should be enough to realize he is not Alt Right.

Plus, ya know; the fact that they're both Jews.

As I've said, the Nazi/antisemitism component of alt-right identity is completely overblown and illogical.

"Are some of them antisemitic? Sure. But antisemitism is really more of an historic relic of Western right-wing thought than anything else, and it doesn't have all that much of an organic place in the alt-right platform."

The alt-right isn't popular really. The people who really make it popular are the people who are self hating white liberals and racist minorities.

Oh, to be so immune to irony.

That's because what's racist to the average person is normal and fine behaviour in the brain of a racist.

Just like what feels like a call to equality by the oppressrd feels like the end of the world to the oppressors.

See the thread a few weeks back where the OP (of that thread) was asking for actual evidence of Trump doing or saying racist things, then being provided pages and pages of stuff, but waving each example given away.

how are you defining alt right that orthodox jews are included?
Sounds like the alt-right I identify with. Which also includes blacks, women, Asians, gays, natives, Muslims.

It's the branch of the right that isn't hung up on keeping gays from getting married. The kind that think that you can be moral without being tied to the church. That being white and being a nationalist doesn't make you a white nationalist.

Sounds like the alt-right I identify with. Which also includes blacks, women, Asians, gays, natives, Muslims.

It's the branch of the right that isn't hung up on keeping gays from getting married. The kind that think that you can be moral without being tied to the church. That being white and being a nationalist doesn't make you a white nationalist.

Who are the people in American politics who are not "nationalists" by the definition you're using? Seems to me that by the normal definition, pretty much everyone in American politics is a nationalist, but the alt-right is trying to change the meaning of the term to "ethnonationalist."

Too bad you aren't immune to AIDS.

You see, that insult wasn't very good, since we know that the persons who are immune to HIV transmission are third world prostitutes. Also, you can't be immune to AIDS.

Do you think they will be as powerful or last as long as the tea party? I don't think they stick around for 8 years like the tea party has.

I don't think Rubin actually has an ideology. Yanis Verafakis was on his show and Rubin didn't argue with him at all or seem. bothered by his Marxism.

Do you think they will be as powerful or last as long as the tea party? I don't think they stick around for 8 years like the tea party has.

I don't think Rubin actually has an ideology. Yanis Verafakis was on his show and Rubin didn't argue with him at all or seem. bothered by his Marxism.

Meh, I don't know.

I think their more avert signals to white supremacy make them a little more toxic to actual political representation, i.e. I don' t think they can organize in the House like the Tea party did.

But I don't think their sentiments are going anywhere.

Back