How did Target possibly screw up the Canadian expansion?

My Target was 30% empty and they haven't begun liquidating yet. There were already bare walls and whole shelves with nothing on it. Based on this, I don't see any crazy good deals to be had. They could probably get rid of everything just by holding regular weekly sales of no spectacular reductions.

I wonder when all the Microsoft stores will close, there is one opened right across from the Apple store at the mall in my city.

Target is actually opening in my town and might do well, the nearest walmart is 30 mins away.

I have yet to step foot in one. Guess I'll have to hurry.

this has probably been said before ... but i think its three fold ... first, they were supposed to come in and be a competitor to walmart, but they took over zellers and moved into the same shitty locations that zellers had ... second, a huge basic mistake was they didn't have a great supply chain set-up, so they were constantly having issues getting the good items into canada .. third, canadians who shopped at target in the US went in there and got good deals ... they expected the cheap prices to be reflected in canada .. they weren't, so people stayed shopping at walmart

Canadian shopping sucks. This past Christmas I did my shopping at Amazon.com instead of going out. Even Amazon.ca blows hard.

I've been to Target a couple times. I think I bought something once but can't remember what it was.

Zellers by my place shut down and in moved target about a year ago and it's already closing down. I wonder how much money they wasted coming here.

A couple of years ago I had an excellent opportunity to work for Target Canada's head office, but I had serious family issues and so couldn't leave Montreal. It would have been stellar money working for a company that treats it's employees very well.

I feel less miserable about it now.

The liquidation is supposed to start this weekend for those interested in checking it out for deals.

The liquidation is supposed to start this weekend for those interested in checking it out for deals.

Starts today, but apparently nothing over 30% off. Most stuff is 10% off.

lol at the exec's saying today was gonna be like black Friday at Target stores. 30% is like black Friday? This place is a joke..... at least in Canada.

My Wife likes to hit Target, or "Tar-jay" as she jokes in the US when we visit.

She said the Canadian ones had no selection, bare shelves, high prices, and no Staff.

Wal-Mart was the perfect store to copy coming in and Target bought the Zellers stores and dropped the ball.

Back