How did Sakai win this?!

Very questionable decision indeed. Feel bad for Arlovski who actually looked pretty decent in this outing, at least in the first two rounds. He'll probably get cut after this loss...

Sakai weighs 20 lbs more. So, his significant strikes do more damage and should count for more points. Arlovski should need to outland Sakai by 30-50% to tie him in points.

Would you rather eat 20 punches from Frankie Edgar or 5 punches from Shane Carwin? Obviously 20 punches from Frankie Edgar.. so Shane Carwin's punches should (and do) count for 4 times or even more points.
i know Arlovski is pillowfisted now, but Sakai is as well.

He's 20lbs fatter and he took forever to knock out Sherman. Sherman was knocked out by Walt Harris and Shamil fast. Sherman was outstriking Sakai until he gassed.

No idea.

The comments usually range from:
-it was close, don't bitch
-it was rigged and mafia money needed to get paid off

Seriously, I think its because Arlovski just sat there at the end of the fight while his opponent walked around with his hands raised. That's all the judges need to make a decision.
their cards are filled out by rounds not after the fight is done he should've won the 1&2 rounds on their cards.

He dominated Arlovski. The sport has passed him by. Sakai would've smashed prime Arlovski too.

The guy was slow as fuck and couldn't counter AA at all. I hope AA repeals this awful awful decision.

Arlovski completely outboxed him for the entire fight lol what were you watching??
He did absolutely nothing. Neither guy did anything. Andrei won the first and Sakai won the third, both barely. The second was close.

I completely disagree with the decision, horrible. But no Brazilian bias there lol....they fought in Florida
There was a Brazillian flag in the crowd. The judges felt intimidated.

Back