How did Rogan make this mistake about alligators?

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Rogan so I'm not hating on him but for a guy who talks about animals constantly I'm not sure how he got this idea that alligators regenerate their limbs.....

It's like sitting in on a conversation between Newton and Tesla.

He is just confusing alligators with lizards, just like the Spanish did when they first saw them.

While they can't regenerate limbs their blood has properties that make them highly resistant to infection and even speed up the healing of wounds.

Joe does talk about animals a lot but 95% of that is chimps, gorrilas, elk, and bears. Occasionally coyotes and mountain lions.

Who hasnt mistaken alligators with starfish?

He talks a lot. He literally talks a lot for a living. You said it yourself. When you do that, you're bound to make a few factually incorrect statements from time to time, get stuff mixed up in the heat of the moment, etc.

If only Jamie had an A in biology instead of physics, he could have shut that shit down with his croaky screech voice.

He talks a lot. He literally talks a lot for a living. You said it yourself. When you do that, you're bound to make a few factually incorrect statements from time to time, get stuff mixed up in the heat of the moment, etc.

I guess. I was just surprised he seemed so confident in that answer.

I'm a fan of Rogan so I'm not hating on him but for a guy who talks about animals constantly I'm not sure how he got this idea that alligators regenerate their limbs.....

181207-farm-bill-hemp-structural-racism-top-1.jpg

If only Jamie had an A in biology instead of physics, he could have shut that shit down with his croaky screech voice.
I mean it's pretty impossible to make it through physics if you don't understand biology.

He should have used his young Jamie life line though.

He is just confusing alligators with lizards, just like the Spanish did when they first saw them.

While they can't regenerate limbs their blood has properties that make them highly resistant to infection and even speed up the healing of wounds.
Lizards regenerate tails but not limbs, salamanders can regenerate limbs.

Lizards regenerate tails but not limbs, salamanders can regenerate limbs.
I know that lizards only regenerate their tails but I didn't know that salamanders can regenerate limbs. I thought he was confusing the lizard's ability to regenerate its tail with alligators and adding the extra stretch that it includes limbs but knowing salamanders can actually do that he must've been thinking of them.

You take way too much heed in what Rogan says. That worries me.

There was a podcast a while back where he couldn't grasp the difference between lizards and reptiles. He was wondering why komodo dragons were the biggest lizards if crocs exist. I just think he doesnt know much about that stuff.

I'm pretty sure alligators can grow teeth back. All them teeth and no toothbrush, sad life.

how is it news to people that rogan is an ignorant moron that built his following on bro science and getting stoned

Back