How did Pettis/Diaz, Pettis/Edgar and Pettis/Aldo never happen?

Pettis/Aldo was going to happen, but one of them got injured, can't remember which one. Pettis was being set up to fight for he LW title after coming over from WEC, but lost to Guida, so I think that's what fucked up Pettis/Edgar. After Pettis won the championship at LW, he was a little off of Nate's radar because Nate only made it to title contention against RDA. If Pettis beat RDA, Nate/Pettis would have happened. All of these would have been great fights by the way, it was all just a matter of timing/injuries/losses. And I may be a bit off, I'm going strictly from memory here, feel free to correct me if I fucked some of this up.

Diaz is not good enough to be at the top of the heap in any weigh division.. Just because he can beat Conor doesn't mean his the best.

And while Pettis is busy losing his title, and losing to up and coming fighters, Diaz is busy embarrassing McGregor and earning $$.

Pettis/Aldo was going to happen, but one of them got injured, can't remember which one.
After Cerrone, he asked for a title shot. Instead of waiting for Bendo, he chose to fight Aldo first. The fight didn't happen due to Pettis' injured, but somehow miraculously able to fight and beat Henderson for the belt shortly after. It was speculated by Aldo that Pettis faked the injury to hide the fact he couldn't make the weight cut to 145.

Pettis lost to Guida and lost to RDA.. The rest is history...

No, I will tell you what happen.

Aldo vs Pettis was about to go down in August, I think Pettis may have been a late replacement for Mendes. Pettis pulled out due to knee injury and a month to two later he jumps TJ Grant for a title shot which was bullshit and then went on to sub Bendo and become world champion.

Diaz is not good enough to be at the top of the heap in any weigh division.. Just because he can beat Conor doesn't mean his the best.

And while Pettis is busy losing his title, and losing to up and coming fighters, Diaz is busy embarrassing McGregor and earning $$.

He already beat top5 MJ. People were saying the same thing about Alvarez, Bisbing and Woodley 3 fights ago and look what happened. Diaz is only 30 and just entering his prime.

Pettis/Aldo was going to happen, but one of them got injured, can't remember which one. Pettis was being set up to fight for he LW title after coming over from WEC, but lost to Guida, so I think that's what fucked up Pettis/Edgar. After Pettis won the championship at LW, he was a little off of Nate's radar because Nate only made it to title contention against RDA. If Pettis beat RDA, Nate/Pettis would have happened. All of these would have been great fights by the way, it was all just a matter of timing/injuries/losses. And I may be a bit off, I'm going strictly from memory here, feel free to correct me if I fucked some of this up.
Bendo defended the title against Nate, then Nate was headkicked by Thomson which dropped him out of contention.
The Thomson/Diaz fight was a few months before Pettis won the title. If Nate beat RDA maybe we wouldve seen Pettis/Diaz on UFC 185

After Cerrone, he asked for a title shot. Instead of waiting for Bendo, he chose to fight Aldo first. The fight didn't happen due to Pettis' injured, but somehow miraculously able to fight and beat Henderson for the belt shortly after. It was speculated by Aldo that Pettis faked the injury to hide the fact he couldn't make the weight cut to 145.

(IIRC) While Aldo and Pettis were both Champs didn't Dana say Aldo had to vacate his belt when Aldo asked for a LW title fight against Pettis? Even though Aldo had already beaten every top contender at the time, he was given an ultimatum of keeping his FW title or fighting Pettis for the LW title...while Conor gets to challenge for the LW and WW title before 1 defense. I say WW because Dana said it would be "impossible to deny" Conor his shot at Robbie for the WW title if he beats NATE DIAZ (a LW).

Again, I am just going off what I think is true from something I saw here on Sherdog (not sure if it was an article or thread), so little Conor fanboys/nuthuggers get off my case.

(IIRC) While Aldo and Pettis were both Champs didn't Dana say Aldo had to vacate his belt when Aldo asked for a LW title fight against Pettis? Even though Aldo had already beaten every top contender at the time, he was given an ultimatum of keeping his FW title or fighting Pettis for the LW title...while Conor gets to challenge for the LW and WW title before 1 defense. I say WW because Dana said it would be "impossible to deny" Conor his shot at Robbie for the WW title if he beats NATE DIAZ (a LW).

Again, I am just going off what I think is true from something I saw here on Sherdog (not sure if it was an article or thread), so little Conor fanboys/nuthuggers get off my case.
Aldo had already cleaned out his division at the time. There was no point of keeping the title, and Conor wasn't even ranked. No way would UFC let Aldo keep 2 belts when he's so injury prone and has zero marketability. It's not right but I get why UFC treats him that way.

Aldo had already cleaned out his division at the time. There was no point of keeping the title, and Conor wasn't even ranked. No way would UFC let Aldo keep 2 belts when he's so injury prone and has zero marketability. It's not right but I get why UFC treats him that way.

I guess that's somewhat understandable, but I think they should have allowed it to happen as it would have been a big fight. Easier to market Aldo when he's holding 2 belts (if he won), and, IMO, there was really no sight of him losing at the time (at FW). Even if there is no contender at FW, he can focus on defending the LW belt while the FW division sorts out new contenders, killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I hoped it would happen and then he would just vacate the FW belt after another defense or 2 and focus on LW permanently.

But I get your point, though.

No, I will tell you what happen.

Aldo vs Pettis was about to go down in August, I think Pettis may have been a late replacement for Mendes. Pettis pulled out due to knee injury and a month to two later he jumps TJ Grant for a title shot which was bullshit and then went on to sub Bendo and become world champion.
He didn't jump Grant for a title shot, Grant pulled out of the title fight with an injury, and hasn't fought since.

Anthony was always scared of Nate.

He would get his face boxed off.

Pettis spent about 2.5 years injured. Damn shame. All the fights you mention would have been awesome. Let's hope Pettis can restart his career and we might still see some of them.

Are any of these guys retired? What do you mean "never?"

Because Pettis wouldnt have made it to any of those fights

Back