How Did Miocic Go From Losing To Struve To Being Good?

He said that the Struve loss was the best thing in his career. He clearly learned a ton, improved his cardio, worked hard on his footwork and started fighting smart. Also, Struve's not bad at all and Stipe got poked and slipped before getting hit with a massive shot.

This thread makes me think Stipe has a lot of fans in Brazil...

Yeah I know it's weird but I think there's this place called a 'gym'.
It's located somewhere outside of computer town, usa.

Pro fighters go there to train sometimes twice, maybe even three times in a single day. It is popular belief that this method of living has the capability of increasing a fighter's skill, while simultaneously maximizing his potential.

Sometimes fighters lose to lesser fights.

Miocic had his moments in the Struve fight until he got blitzed.

fighters improve. Miocic had the athleticism and the boxing and wrestling backgrounds, but he had just arrived to the UFC. Struve doesn't suck either.

I felt the reason he lost to Struve was terrible cardio. That's something that can improved as can overall skill. Struve also had way more fight experience than Stipe.

I always see threads like this but never say anything so I'll say it now. I watched that fight like 5 times and every time I see it I always say if Miocic didn't slip into that straight right he wouldn't have lost. I can never find a gif of it but Miocic slips then get punched in the head and finished lol.

I think he beats struve now. But still not sure if he belongs in the top 5. Miocic vs bigfoot would be good.

I remember that fight, although Struve was better that slip Stipe had was crucial.

Anyone?

I remember that fight, although Struve was better that slip Stipe had was crucial.

Anyone?

Yeah but that could be from gassing though. I believe he was poked in the eye just before that too.

The Struve fight/result aside, I think Stipe's realised that he has to impose his game on opponents and take the initiative. He's improved for it. He looks more confident and he moves better as a result. He looks to have purpose. Just a bit of fine tuning really.

He still has a suspect chin though.

To be fair, although I respect his ability to absorb punishment, Fabio Maldonado is one of the least skilled fighters in the UFC.

dude he was poked in the eye, and slipped, has nothing to do with styles

Not a Struve fan? Don't downplay that loss for Miocic. He just improved leaps and bounds after that fight. Struve is a monster and I hope he has success once ge returns.

Struve was just a little too far ahead for miocic on that night. It happens, as they are both high level fighters.

On a side note, miocic looked great last night. I.know it was a quick KO. But he stopped Maldonado like no one in the LHW division could imagine.

He got caught. JK. As I recall, though, he had a horrible game plan for the Struve fight. He wasn't able to deal with Stevan's length. He's improved by leaps and bounds since then, but I'm still not sure he'll ever be better than top five.

The same way Bisping went from losing to Rashad to beating Rivera...

Not that I think he's even improved that much really. Last night doesnt tell anyone anything. I'm basing it on what I saw against Roy and manbearpig. To be fair, they were good matchups for Stipe. Roy and mpg arent the most mobile.

Back