How did Michael Chiesa beat RDA?

GuanoApes

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The only fight I’ve seen from Chiesa was against Anthony Pettis, and Chiesa got subbed. Anthony Pettis has not been looking that hot lately either..

RDA just submitted good fighter Kevin Lee.

I thought for sure it’d be a safe pick for me to pick RDA over Chiesa. What happened??! I didn’t see the fight..

He's made improvements. That and utilising his wrestling.

Chiesa has been drained his whole career, if he didn't win the LW ultimate fighter, he would have been at welterweight straight away i think.

Chiesa was a lot more fragile at 155. Tonight he pretty much followed the gameplan Usman and Colby used on RDA. He wasn't as dominant, but he controlled him the majority of the fight.

He is huge and better than people give him credit for being.

Cause he's finally at his natural weight class and is a legit grappler, which is RDA's weakness. Thank God Chiesa isn't killing himself with every weight cut anymore.

VyS0vfKw.0.jpeg

I bet on Chiesa...made $40! But really, RDA has been cooked for a minute now

I bet on Chiesa...made $40! But really, RDA has been cooked for a minute now
Congrats! I sat this one out bc the fan in me didn't want to bet against RDA and JDS....Although objectly I thought they'd both lose like they did

By cutting 30lbs. Same stragety as when he was at 155 (bully smaller fighters)

upload_2020-1-25_19-54-48-jpeg.717269

he found a right weight class for him. He is strong and doesn't gas as fast.

RDA is a shell of his former self.

By not letting RDA go off on him. Used his range, and quick clinches to pressure and grind it out with his size.

I was sweating the whole fight. RDA is really good. Kinda went how I expected it to.

Don't blind bet. Always do the tape, and more research.

He was much bigger, and he outgrappled him.

The only fight I’ve seen from Chiesa was against Anthony Pettis, and Chiesa got subbed. Anthony Pettis has not been looking that hot lately either..

RDA just submitted good fighter Kevin Lee.

I thought for sure it’d be a safe pick for me to pick RDA over Chiesa. What happened??! I didn’t see the fight..
I thought the same thing. RDA got blanketed. He’s gotta stop moving straight back, and learn to move laterally. Just gets pressed against the cage and taken down by pressure fighters.

Back