How did McDonald woodley go?

kalabula

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Was reading an article on the front page and it talked about this fight being "tightly contended". I remember Rory murking him. Am I thinking of another fight?

There was nothing close about the fight. Rory made him look awful.

Woodley barely did anything yet whole fight.

Woodley just stood there mesmerized and Rory toyed with him.

That's how Woodley is though. Some nights he'll look great, others he'll completely underwhelm.

Was reading an article on the front page and it talked about this fight being "tightly contended". I remember Rory murking him. Am I thinking of another fight?
oh do paste that here please. I'd love to point and laugh at this paid writer.

Whoever wrote that article is a fucking idiot. There was nothing close about that fight

The only thing close about that fight was when Rory closed the distance.
AMIRITE!?

One sided beatdown for sure. Not much damage taken by either fighter though IIRC

One sided beatdown for sure. Not much damage taken by either fighter though IIRC
That's cause Woodley did nothing but cover up for the entirety of that fight. Rory was basically letting loose on him much like he didn't against BJ Penn.

Woodley had the cage imprinted on his back after this fight. He was terrible! Such a disappointment that he beat Lawler. Lawler deserved the GSP fight 10x over woodley.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Tyron-Woodley-Georges-St-Pierre-Fight-in-the-Works-109363

"Woodley, who was a two-time NCAA Division 1 All-American, was just 4-2 to start his UFC career after dominating the regional MMA circuit. He came up short against Nate Marquardt in a bid to win the Strikeforce welterweight crown and didn’t quite look like a dominant eventual champion when he first came to the UFC.

"But Woodley turned things around when he won two straight over Carlos Condit and Josh Koscheck, both via stoppage. He dropped a tightly-contested battle with Rory MacDonald and then bounced back with huge wins over Dong Hyun Kim and Kelvin Gastelum"

It's clear this hack never saw Wodley's deer-in-headlights showing against Rory, the Condit "stoppage" or even the "huge win" over Gastelum (a lacklustre split-decision).

9l98i.gif

Still, we all have to earn a living somehow, I suppose.

Woodley had the cage imprinted on his back after this fight. He was terrible! Such a disappointment that he beat Lawler. Lawler deserved the GSP fight 10x over woodley.
lol.... I´m with you, but Rory came in willing to fight and wasn´t scared of that right overhand of Woodley. But what we saw in the Lawler - Woodley fight was lawler just running away from that punch and he simply did nothing for more than 2 minutes, then he became an easy target, Woodley only went after him and didn´t have to worry about any of lawler´s attacks, so he was able to prepare, aim and land that bomb. Had Lawler done the same as he always does, which is fight, start throwing his combos to have Woodley worried too, perhaps it would´ve been different. You can´t go in too worried about what the other guy is gonna do to the point where you forget to do your thing.

Tyrone couldnt get past Rorys jab ffs. Closely contended my ass. Wonderboy is an even worse match up stylistically, I suppose I dont blame him for ducking

Rory didn't allow him to do anything, he just pressured him for the whole fight.

g6_RoA.gif

(Yes, I just posted this in the Woodley/GSP thread.)

Back