How did Mac Danzig build enough muscle as a vegan?

I love the way kk just simplyfies everthing with the argument "he might be an exception".

Why do you love that? Is it perhaps because it's true?

Look if something is proven, the earth rotates, we know this. Then on one single day the Earth doesn't rotate, or maybe 4 days out of the year, maybe 20. Those days are the exceptions are they not? Do they negate the rest of the days in the year, the majority of days in saying the Earth rotates? Especially if we're not sure why it happens and no one can come up with a good explanation thereof?

Carl Lewis is certainly an exception for the reason that it's all but certain he was using steroids. Not that I have a problem with that at all unlike the plethoras of ignorant folk. But say he was. Well taking synthetic testosterone in high doses certainly would negate the detractions of soy use, and allow for a male athlete to use soy without depleting testosterone levels.

That a better and more complicated answer for you?

The bottom-line is when someone doesn't KNOW the repercussions or detractions of attempting something that's never been thoroughly examined before to understand the ramifications of properly executing it, then they're in no position to preach it's viability or recommend it to anyone else.

Yes yes, that interview I've already made wayward reference to. Mr. Dos Remedios is a little misguided as he uses the "well gorillas don't eat meat" example, which is not only misleading but false, as gorillas both eat protein rich bugs all day long, an on occasion eat each other.

Furthermore, he also admits in that Interview that he's never trained a male vegan athlete. So again, he himself is the only example he has of being a male vegan, and remotely athletic, but he's not a competing high-level athlete.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do myself, I'm saying it's extremely difficult and thus far, not optimal. And also saying that the cases of successful vegan athletes can more likely be attributed to the person's genetics, than the vegan diet itself being successful, which makes it not good when non-athlete vegans proclaim it can (and should) be attempted/done. They're speaking in an area they don't know about for certain, yet all agree an athlete must be careful. Well, as a male athlete, being careful, I'm certainly not going to pick what is the absolute most difficult way to go about things.

Either he's not telling the truth, or he's the exception to the rule. Either way you don't go about recommending things like that based on an exception.

Oh, I am not recommending it, I was just using him as an example of a person who claims no side effects. Like I said before, if it worrys you, as a vegan, you can use hemp, pea, or rice protein instead. I currently use whey or rice protein myself.

kk
well let's put it this way. how many vegan's are there that are pro fighters. and how many pro fighters are top 15. about 90 fighters that are top 15. so over 1.1% of them is vegan. my guess would be that less then 1.1% of all the pro fighters are vegans. so by logic veganism is about to rule the world.
and if you look at how many fighters there are that eat meat it's not impossible that they are the excaptions. it sounds almost as stupid as your spinning world explanation.

so by logic veganism is about to rule the world.

LOL you bastard that actually made me almost spit my coffee out on my monitor!! :icon_chee

This thread makes me laugh. KK killed it with science back a few posts, but people still want to argue.

by the way, im not saying that it will work for everyone. not in that many words anyway. but looking at it in the whole picture there's nothing in this days that you can't get from a strict vegan diet. is it the ultimate diet? possible not. but for people that throw around arguments that things might be genetic, the ultimate diet should not even exist.

meat might work good for some and veganism for some. no one can tell before they tried it.

only 25 post and im already making people spit coffy. look at me go.

1.jpg

SCIENCE!

LOL you bastard that actually made me almost spit my coffee out on my monitor!! :icon_chee

This thread makes me laugh. KK killed it with science back a few posts, but people still want to argue.

I disagree. KK's arguements are against soy for the many reasons he has listed. This thread was started about how Mac Danzig can build enough muscle as a vegan to "compete" and while most ppl posting in this thread may not like vegans it is still possible to gain muscle and be a competitive athlete as a vegan.

If you are getting enough protein in your diet to build muscle and you are busting your ass working out then you will build muscle regardless of whether your protein comes from animal or plant products.

No, it was killed, you just haven't caught up yet.

By the way, that SCIENCE! post almost made me spit carrots out at my monitor.

No, it was killed, you just haven't caught up yet.

By the way, that SCIENCE! post almost made me spit carrots out at my monitor.

Really, please point out to me where in this thread he provided scientific proof that protein from plant based sources does not build muscle?

Really, please point out to me where in this thread he provided scientific proof that protein from plant based sources does not build muscle?

I won't do that, because it's very obious that it can be done.

Instead I'll point you to the repeated posts pointing out how impossible it would be to have proper macronutrient portioning on a vegan diet.

I won't do that, because it's very obious that it can be done.

Instead I'll point you to the repeated posts pointing out how impossible it would be to have proper macronutrient portioning on a vegan diet.

Wait, what macronutrient would a vegan be missing? Unless I am mistaken, and I very well could be, they are getting protein, carbs and healthy fats with every meal. I agree there are a lot of retarded vegans who only eat nuts and tree bark or some shit, but if they are smart they will not be missing any macronutrients.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Yet another "Vegans vs. Teh World" thread.

Just wanna set the record strait here, Carl Lewis was busted for ephedrine and psuedoephedrine and cleared of any wrongdoing.

Couldn't find anything else about him and drugs.

Wait, what macronutrient would a vegan be missing? Unless I am mistaken, and I very well could be, they are getting protein, carbs and healthy fats with every meal. I agree there are a lot of retarded vegans who only eat nuts and tree bark or some shit, but if they are smart they will not be missing any macronutrients.

The issue here isn't that a vegan isn't getting sources of all three, but rather the ratios of the three that he is getting. Since plants are naturally high in carbohydrates, every time he goes to get protein he must also be getting carbohydrates. On the other hand, sources of animal protein contain fats but few, if any, carbohydrates. A vegan athlete, who requires as much protein as a non-vegan athlete, may very well get sufficient amounts of protein, at the expense of overloading on carbohydrates. When you overload on carbohydrates you increase your fat storage. So the diet is not optimal for athletes who would want to minimize fat storage and maximize muscle growth.

Back