How did Israel go from almost losing to Vettori to beating Gastelum?

Whittaker really doesn't look all that impressive of a fighter.

He gets severely hurt every fight...in the fight and outside the fight. He's strong and well rounded but nothing about him is really all that special.

He's kinda like a humble Bisping

What ive just read. lol
Just rewatch his fight with Jacare...I mean, for example.
Also, who the fuck doesnt get hurt fighting Yoel freaking Romero?

Last edited:
I like Adesanya. Im just saying that you are not fully proven until you face any of the best grapplers at your own size. This apply Adesanya and to anyone in any division in MMA.
Just like Whittaker wasnt fully proven after beating 'competent mma grapplers" in Brunson and Natal.
He then faced one of the very best grapplers in Jacare and not only beat him, but dispatched him. At that point you cant deny he is proven. Then he beat Romero in case there was any doubt left.
Adedanya is not at that point yet, obiously. And I personally think he wont be, at least in the near future, but thats just my opinion.

By that standard a guy has to pretty much be the champ or a number one contender in order to be proven. I think you and I simply mean different things by proven. I think your point is valid, but I'd restate it as, in order to be the very best fighter in a division, you have to beat the very best grapplers in your division. My view is less elevated: in order to be considered a fighter who is established as part of the elite within a division, you have to have competence in defensive grappling.

No. I was replying to a guy saying Whithaker, the real champ, doesnt last 15 minuts with Israel. Well thats buying into the hype a little too much.
Because I think he has the tools to finish Whittaker, I'm "buying into the hype"?

Yeah, OK.... Lol

If Whittaker loses, Whittaker was all hype then.....(this is lunacy and not how I actually think)

Just because a guy isn't filled with great wins, doesn't mean he can't beat the champ....

Last edited:
Because I think he has the tools to finish Whittaker, I'm "buying into the hype"?

Yeah, OK.... Lol

If Whittaker loses, Whittaker was all hype then.....(this is lunacy and not how I actually think)

Just because a guy isn't filled with great wins, doesn't mean he can't beat the champ....

Everyone has his own opinion of course. But saying he has the tools to finish Whittaker inside 15 minuts for winning a hard fought 25 minuts fight with Gastelum it is hype more than anything else imo, or call it hope or whatever

Everyone has his own opinion of course. But saying he has the tools to finish Whittaker inside 15 minuts for winning a hard fought 25 minuts fight with Gastelum it is hype more than anything else imo, or call it hope or whatever
Sounds like you're just "hoping" I'm wrong.

I forgot about all the elite strikers Whittaker beat.......

Even the Silva fight it seemed like Israel wasn't a top fighter. How did he go from getting taken down multiple times in two fights to beating one of the best in the division pretty convincingly? Keep in mind it's been only a year since that fight. Crazy.

his got the right coaches with him to get him to improve where he needed it.

Back