How did Gastelum lose to The Chris

Prime Weidman? Are you serious? <36>

No idiot. Just beacuse fighters start to lose doesn't mean they're out of their prime. It's just there are new and better fighters in the division like Romero, Whittaker, Jacare, Costa, Adesanya and Mousasi who left to Bellator.
If you can't see the obvious downcline in Weidman compared to when he fought Silva, I don't know what to tell you. Pay better attention in the future.

The Chris was lucky to get out of that 1st round.

kjBeU.gif

Not really, Weidman recovered immediately, and that was literally his only success in the fight.

Oh, and to answer TS's question, Kelvin's offense was largely nullified by Weidman using basic lateral movement, and he got sonned in the wrestling department. It was a really bad stylistic match up for him.

Last edited:
Slim, great wrestler 6'2 vs fat, good wrestler 5'9

The Chris is a better fighter.

100%.

And the crazy thing is, I think you're right about how he's always in title contention as long as he's getting wins. That's the case for pretty much anyone who gets a belt and defends it. Somewhat counterintuitive but he'd be way closer to the title right now had he done nothing other than take out an Alvey and then someone like Branch or Brunson over the last 3 years, rather than trying to get a huge win against every killer around him at MW.

Things happen all the time in the sport, you just need to be in a relatively decent position and wait for your moment. Rockhold is at LHW now, Romero keeps missing weight, Costa has been having issues, Whittaker pulled out again, etc. Now all of a sudden a WW that Weidman already beat is getting the shot against a dude who I believe doesn't even have a single top 5 win. If Weidman had been smart, that would've been him in there.

He still doesn't seem to have learned his lesson though, with the recent comment he made about Adesanya being overrated. That's another winnable fight that he shouldn't take any time soon, because he might end up knocked out again.

If I was his management his 2019 would be 2 of Tavares, Cannonier or Brunson.

Could go either way. Kelvin with better stand up, Chris with the better grappling and is heavier. Usually, when the grappler is bigger, has equal to or better grappling, and isn't a scrub on the feet, they win most times than not.

However, Kelvin hits like a truck, is fast, and under certain conditions, KOs Chris if he stops or scrambles out of a TD. The odds just tipped in Chris' favor due to having more outs, but Kelvin easily could have pulled out that win, hell he almost layed Chris out.lol

Chris still no joke and actually needs to rely more on his bjj/wrestling credentials like he did in that fight. At that time his bjj and kelvins were on different planets plus with his long limbs, once he stepped over - Kelvin wasn't getting out of triangle.....Tap or lullaby.

just like the first cody tj fight, if there was 5 more seconds on the first round the fight would have been called off and the ref would have had to pull gastelum off chris and stop him pounding on that fat noggin.

the funniest thing is weidman goin 1-3 after nearly getting killed by luke who had the flu still was saying he deserved the shot at the belt more than gastelum.

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

he legit got that cte.

You need to up your game.

Obviously RNC and triangle from guard is the way to go when trying to sub a dog in a gi:

But note the disclaimer: KIDS! DO NOT TRY THIS WITH PITBULLS. Not all pitbulls know BJJ and they might freak out.

I love how chill the dog is through all of that. He’s obviously been training from a young age.

“The Chris” lol u talk about him like he’s cm punk.

You do realize this guy was handling you’ll romero and Luke rockhold up until the knock outs.

Back