How did Gastelum lose to The Chris

I remember it that Chris land a combination that Kelvin no like at all, an after that he not have the same aggression. It remind me of when he complain that he force to compete as middleweight when they are monster compare to him. Maybe he lack heart when he get hurt by the big guy.

Arm triangle

Chris-Weidman-UFC-on-FOX-25-Fight-Highlights-440x250.jpg
End Thread.

Chris is still top five.
He is just not as durable as he used to be. Mostly because he had a vertebrae replaced in his neck.

I don't train jiu jitsu, but I watch a lot of MMA and sometimes I start trying to sub my kids and pets. Have you ever tried to get a dog in an arm triangle? Basically impossible from my experience.
It’s like choking a man with no neck?

<6>

Never tried to, but I’d guess it depends a lot on the breed of the dog. Some massive dogs could be in trouble! Maybe a peruvian necktie would get it done.

”That’s a wrap, son!”

I suggest you ankle pick your kid’s ass the next time you grapple. Nothing keeps a guy more honest than getting proper ankle picked.

<Goldie11>

Luke and Jacare are the reasons why I said one of the most dangerous top games.
I forgot about Jacare. He's a wizard on the ground, everywhere. Luke against Chris on the ground looked like a mismatch for Luke. I was surprised how much of an advantage Luke had on the ground in that fight.

My MMA math doesn't add up here
ImaginaryEducatedGyrfalcon-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif
If you know you love your MMA math and that's the reason for your lack of understanding, then why still make the thread? Do we need a subforum for the fake MMA fans of Sherdog?

Probably the same way he would beat Israel if they fought.

wasnt chris a state champ wrestler
superior grappling won that
chris may be on a losing streak but he was a legit champ with a perfect run til rockhold aged him 10 years in one fight

I don't know that it's his camp pushing him in that direction. Weidman got a taste of that champ money and hasn't been interested in any match-ups that don't put him in immediate title contention ever since. He actually said as much a few fights back, that the money is so different that he only wants the highest ranked opponents to get the belt back.

It is on his camp to pull him back and talk him into taking the right type of fights though. Everyone who watched his recent run without bias knows he was capable of winning every single one of them and some of them might have turned out differently, had he not been taking so much damage recently. You can't keep taking injury/KO layoffs, then each time expect to just jump right back in there against the top guys as if you're still on your title run.

Ultimately I think it is on Chris. However, I don't think anyone in that camp ever had a Joe Rogan like talk with him. I think a good trainer, like a head coach in sports, part of what they do is direct a fighter to get the best performance out of them. Part of that is saying, Chris lets not sugar coat it, you just got your bell rung. You beat Anderson Fuckin Silva twice. the fans love you and your crazy father. You see the way title fights are actually given out in the UFC. Lets take a step back and fight a guy in the bottom of the top ten that doesn't have crazy power first. Get some momentum and get comfortable again in there. For you, wins are wins and will keep you close to the title. You don't have to fight a champions schedule.

Seriously he has the craziest level of competition than anyone in the sport since beating Anderson. Machida, Vitor, Rockhold, Romero, Mousasi, Gastelum, Jacare. Give me a string of opponents tougher anyone in any division has fought in that time frame? I don't think there is one.

Ultimately I think it is on Chris. However, I don't think anyone in that camp ever had a Joe Rogan like talk with him. I think a good trainer, like a head coach in sports, part of what they do is direct a fighter to get the best performance out of them. Part of that is saying, Chris lets not sugar coat it, you just got your bell rung. You beat Anderson Fuckin Silva twice. the fans love you and your crazy father. You see the way title fights are actually given out in the UFC. Lets take a step back and fight a guy in the bottom of the top ten that doesn't have crazy power first. Get some momentum and get comfortable again in there. For you, wins are wins and will keep you close to the title. You don't have to fight a champions schedule.

Seriously he has the craziest level of competition than anyone in the sport since beating Anderson. Machida, Vitor, Rockhold, Romero, Mousasi, Gastelum, Jacare. Give me a string of opponents tougher anyone in any division has fought in that time frame? I don't think there is one.

100%.

And the crazy thing is, I think you're right about how he's always in title contention as long as he's getting wins. That's the case for pretty much anyone who gets a belt and defends it. Somewhat counterintuitive but he'd be way closer to the title right now had he done nothing other than take out an Alvey and then someone like Branch or Brunson over the last 3 years, rather than trying to get a huge win against every killer around him at MW.

Things happen all the time in the sport, you just need to be in a relatively decent position and wait for your moment. Rockhold is at LHW now, Romero keeps missing weight, Costa has been having issues, Whittaker pulled out again, etc. Now all of a sudden a WW that Weidman already beat is getting the shot against a dude who I believe doesn't even have a single top 5 win. If Weidman had been smart, that would've been him in there.

He still doesn't seem to have learned his lesson though, with the recent comment he made about Adesanya being overrated. That's another winnable fight that he shouldn't take any time soon, because he might end up knocked out again.

too big too strong and his wrestling is top notch

Weidman was forced to use his physical advantages to win because after getting nearly finished in the feet he quickly realized KG was the superior technical fighter.

I’d bet that Kelvin wins the rematch.

I don't train jiu jitsu, but I watch a lot of MMA and sometimes I start trying to sub my kids and pets. Have you ever tried to get a dog in an arm triangle? Basically impossible from my experience.

You need to up your game.

Obviously RNC and triangle from guard is the way to go when trying to sub a dog in a gi:

But note the disclaimer: KIDS! DO NOT TRY THIS WITH PITBULLS. Not all pitbulls know BJJ and they might freak out.

Prime Weidman would beat Israel with ease too. Now, not so much.

Prime Weidman? Are you serious? <36>

No idiot. Just beacuse fighters start to lose doesn't mean they're out of their prime. It's just there are new and better fighters in the division like Romero, Whittaker, Jacare, Costa, Adesanya and Mousasi who left to Bellator.

weidman gets mocked on here but he is a very good fighter. he was arguably winning vs moose, yoel and jacare before he got koed.

You need to up your game.

Obviously RNC and triangle from guard is the way to go when trying to sub a dog in a gi:

This totally explains it. I always go no gi against my dog.

Also:

But note the disclaimer: KIDS! DO NOT TRY THIS WITH PITBULLS. Not all pitbulls know BJJ and they might freak out.

I suggest you ankle pick your kid’s ass the next time you grapple. Nothing keeps a guy more honest than getting proper ankle picked.

<Goldie11>

tenor.gif

Last edited:
He's only good against old men, anybody even close to their prime will either beat him or at the very worst lose a split decision.

Back