how did Cub get dropped with that jab..

not all jabs are the same. There's flicking and range finding jabs that aren't gonna do damage, but you can also do something like a falling step/dempsey jab where you lean or step into it and it lands more like a straight punch with no windup.

<Dylan>

He gets submitted whenever his back touches the ground.

He's one of those guys who have a black belt, yet show no defence on the ground. Vitor is another guy who's a black belt but is screwed every time he's on his back

**insert Barboza getting dropped by a Cerrone jab.gif**

I have a hard time believing cubs a legit black belt. To answer your question its because hes been fighting a long time and has been in a lot of striking wars. Chins have a shelf life for sure.

I believe it was a step in jab. It's no straight cross, but it does have body weight behind it. Plus Cubs been in some wars. The show of respect was nice. Cubs a warrior he just recently gave us a fight of the year, don't forget that.

Cub has been in too many wars. China crack. I remember Chuck Liddell being dropped by rich Franklin with a short armed punch. It happens.

I have a hard time believing cubs a legit black belt. To answer your question its because hes been fighting a long time and has been in a lot of striking wars. Chins have a shelf life for sure.
His BB might be like JDS'

Would you believe Moicano's also a black belt.

He's one of those guys who have a black belt, yet show no defence on the ground. Vitor is another guy who's a black belt but is screwed every time he's on his back

Everybody is screwed when you fighting jon jones.... If anything vitor showed he is legit with that fast arm bar.

Everybody is screwed when you fighting jon jones.... If anything vitor showed he is legit with that fast arm bar.

Tbf I wasn't just talking about submission defence but just general defence on the ground, the way Weidman easily mounted him was ridiculous and IIRC Mousasi did the same

I'm sure he's legit on the mat in pure BJJ but he's just too wild in MMA trying to KO people and be exciting.

Same for Da Bronx. Dude could submit most FW's and LW's but he takes too many risks trying to be exciting

I bet those 26,000 $ tickets were worth it

Lol deadass, blew away 26k to only get dropped and chocked out in the first round, poor Cub Swanson. To think the highlight of his past year and a half was a decision victory over Artem Fucking Lobov.
giphy.gif

Back