How did Cain fight with a torn ACL?

"Daily activities" do not generally include "entering a cage with one of the 2-3 most dangerous men on the planet and attempting to fight them."

But yeah, walking down to the mail box and standing in line at Wendy's I'm sure can be accomplished with minimal pain.

Thats why i popped that last sentence in there.

You can try to compete on a torn ACL - it will hurt and you will have very little stability in your knee, but it can be done if you have a tolerance for pain and are a little crazy.

The difference is when you have surgery, the graft is very weak at first and if you try to push it before it's rehabbed and ready to go, you'll just tear it again and have to start over.

you are correct about the post surgery condition. i tore my acl and damaged my meniscus playing basketball. had no idea. re-entered that game and worked out awaiting my doctor's appointment.

an nfl player played a season on a torn acl. he was an offensive lineman. if a running back planted to change direction he'd fall, a wide receiver could never run a route involving a cut or a break. he could probably run straight though

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...and-patriots-logan-mankins-played-11-torn-acl

Bader tore his ACL in a match and ended up finishing the fight and winning by decision.

Dajuan Blair tore his ACL didn't even realize it and now has no ACL and he's in the NBA.

EVerybody is different but if you do tear your ACL your knee will pretty much have no stability.

This might be the most ignorant statement ever posted on Sherdog.

I'm making quite a statement here; people say ignorant shit all the time on here. But this might be a record holder.

Take a bow son.
I know because I've torn both of mine. And I know guys who have torn them and still train and fight. You fucking idiot.

bullshit, no pre-fight doc would ever clear anyone with a torn acl.

bullshit.
i hurt my knee playing basketball. scheduled an appointment with the new york knicks orthopedic doctor at the time. he grabbed the back of my knee with one hand and my ankle with the other and tried to move my lower leg laterally. my body resisted so he declared i probably avoided any real damage but sent me for an MRI to be sure. the MRI confirmed my worst fears and my acl was torn.
at the time i had big strong quads and hams and that lead to the resistance

so if i was a fighter with a big pay day and a belt on the line i could def get by a doctor with a torn acl. they don't do mri's on your whole body pre fight

I had to do an assignment on LARS. Fucking sucked haha. Its been round since the 70s, the research is flawed though but results are really dependant on the person or the surgery. Probably not good for a MMArtist cos of the direct impact on the knee

Oh really? Didn't know it had been around that long. It's become an option for a lot of Aussie Rules players recently but the results haven't been that great, few guys have had to have it done again. But yeah you wouldn't want to be going for a triangle choke with a LARS knee reconstruction I wouldn't think!

I know because I've torn both of mine. And I know guys who have torn them and still train and fight. You fucking idiot.

Dohkay tough guy. You and your team are "super tough," but guys like GSP, Adrian Peterson, Marcus Lattimore, Shawn Merriman, and everyone else in the fucking athletic universe has to have surgery.

That Adrian Peterson, what a wuss for having surgery. If he was a man he would have toughed it out.

Keep doubling down on the most ridiculous statement ever made on Sherdog, you're making me (and everyone else) laugh at you, idiot.

This might be the most ignorant statement ever posted on Sherdog.

I'm making quite a statement here; people say ignorant shit all the time on here. But this might be a record holder.

Take a bow son.

actually he's right, well sometimes he is. Some people experience intense pain others just basically feel unstable. You could fight with a torn ACL depending on your symptoms, it would be a terrible idea but you could fight with a torn ACL.

I doubt you would be allowed to fight though; definitely not if they knew. I don't know if they do a standard knee exam before fights but they probably do it's really easy and quick and would pick up the ACL tear.

Dohkay tough guy. You and your team are "super tough," but guys like GSP, Adrian Peterson, Marcus Lattimore, Shawn Merriman, and everyone else in the fucking athletic universe has to have surgery.

That Adrian Peterson, what a wuss for having surgery. If he was a man he would have toughed it out.

Keep doubling down on the most ridiculous statement ever made on Sherdog, you're making me (and everyone else) laugh at you, idiot.
Cain wasn't about to have ACL surgery one month before the fight, you moron. He fought, at less than 100%, and lost. You know nothing about knee injuries except what you read on the internet, so shut the fuck up until you learn.

alittle known fact is that in the same fight he had a broke back,broke neck,aids,and was in a coma. He put his heart and soul into that fight.

Wrong! He also had lost his soul at the time and his heart was torn in two from watching his wife perform with other men. Don't sell him short.

Cain wasn't about to have ACL surgery one month before the fight, you moron. He fought, at less than 100%, and lost. You know nothing about knee injuries except what you read on the internet, so shut the fuck up until you learn.

Wow, you're really worked up about this there tough guy. I bet you've really almost convinced yourself that you once did something athletic and actually hurt a knee, more so than it hurts now when you get your fat self off the couch to get more beer.

That's fine, I'll leave you with your fantasy that you actually know what an athletic injury feels like.

^ Knock You Out, stop your excuses... It's getting old reading these excuses from Cain fans as to why he lost.

Cain didn't fight at 100%, but so was JDS? He was on crutches the week leading up to the fight. His doctor had to give him injection to manage his pain. Now please stop with these silly excuses.

JDS was the reason Cain got KTFO.

Didn't JDS win the title with a messed up knee?

ya jds also had a messed up knee that he needed to get surgery on but people are still clinging on to cain having a torn acl becuase they think cain is going to go out and just demolish jds and that the first fight didnt mean anything becuase cain had a messed up knee.

Back