How did Alvey and Marquez get FOTN over Makdessi/Bahamondes?

Makdessi would have gotten 100k (according to DC) (edit: this isn't true, he would only get the 50k)(edit again: it seems like sometimes the one fighter gets 100k and sometimes only the 50k, weird. Lazzez received 50k vs AlHassan, but Connelly received 100k vs Pereira. Petr Yan received 50k vs Jin Soo Son as well)

UFC hates him I guess

But they gotta hype their main card fighters

Last edited:
According to who, you? Lol
According to... The UFC?

You don't know what you're talking about, don't get so defensive lol

Lazzez vs Alhassan won FOTN and Alhassan missed weight by like 3 lbs, Lazzez got 50k

"Lazzez’s welterweight duel with Abdul Razak Alhassan received “Fight of the Night” honors, but only Lazzez, who won via unanimous decision in a featured contest, was eligible for a bonus on account of Alhassan missing weight on Tuesday. As a result, the promotion handed out three other “Performance of the Night” awards."

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...phy-Chimaev-Bukauskas-Pocket-3650K-174013/amp

Another weight miss was Pereira vs Connelly at the last UFC in Vancouver. Won FOTN and Connelly got 50k x 2

And yet another FOTN with a weight miss was Jin Soo Son vs Petr Yan in Moscow. Yan got 50k.

Last edited:
Damn, Makdessi didn't get any bonus?

They probably wanted to give Alvey a bit of extra cash before they cut him. He's on a bad streak and deserves to be released but he's been with the UFC a long time and usually has good scraps win lose.

I though the winner would get both bonuses in that case. Isn't that what happened with Connelly-Pereira?
I just looked it up, sometimes they give 100k and sometimes 50k. I've found 3 instances and Connelly is the only one to get 100k.

According to... The UFC?

You don't know what you're talking about, don't get so defensive lol

Lazzez vs Alhassan won FOTN and Alhassan missed weight by like 3 lbs, Lazzez got 50k

"Lazzez’s welterweight duel with Abdul Razak Alhassan received “Fight of the Night” honors, but only Lazzez, who won via unanimous decision in a featured contest, was eligible for a bonus on account of Alhassan missing weight on Tuesday. As a result, the promotion handed out three other “Performance of the Night” awards."

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...phy-Chimaev-Bukauskas-Pocket-3650K-174013/amp

Another weight miss was Pereira vs Connelly at the last UFC in Vancouver. Won FOTN and Connelly got 50k x 2

And yet another FOTN with a weight miss was Jin Soo Son vs Petr Yan in Moscow. Yan got 50k.
According to the UFC? Looks like they didn’t give them FOTN sorry.

According to the UFC? Looks like they didn’t give them FOTN sorry.
I just gave you 3 instances where they did award FOTN to a fight with 1 fighter missing weight.

You said the reason why they didn't give Makdessi/Bahamondes FOTN was because of the weight miss, which is incorrect.

Makdessi would have gotten 100k (according to DC) (edit: this isn't true, he would only get the 50k)(edit again: it seems like sometimes the one fighter gets 100k and sometimes only the 50k, weird. Lazzez received 50k vs AlHassan, but Connelly received 100k bvs Pereira. Petr Yan received 50k vs Jin Soo Son as well)

UFC hates him I guess

But they gotta hype their main card fighters
This

Back