How did all the fans peg Jon Jones as a fake nice guy?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty damn interesting how everyone who never met him called his whole good Christian boy act a fraud when they never met the guy and only saw him on a screen and he was never on TUF.

You can’t even say it’s racism since no one calls Dan cormier a fake ass nice guy.

Dan Cormier is a legit nice guy.

Jones used to get called a fraud before he started moving like a scumbag and was proven.

People believe that I’d youre nice in a presse you’re a great guy
They still call rumble a great gut

Because Rashad was telling everyone Jones was a fake.

Well he just seemed fake to me. You could tell he was acting.

He even has a fake voice he uses when he wants to be a christian .

Because Jon Jones legit sounds like a woman when he is in his "nice guy" mode.

When a guy has to tell you how humble or sincere or (insert desirable human quality here), it means they are aware of how unbelievable that notion is. They're selling the idea to you, usually as a direct preface to a story/behavior that wholly contradicts their preceding claims.

It was obvious from the get-go and corroborated by a lot of people who were around him, even back before all his public fuck ups.

Pretty damn interesting how everyone who never met him called his whole good Christian boy act a fraud when they never met the guy and only saw him on a screen and he was never on TUF.

You can’t even say it’s racism since no one calls Dan cormier a fake ass nice guy.

Jones used to get called a fraud before he started moving like a scumbag and was proven.
giphy.gif

Rashad called him out on it, Jones sounds fake when he speaks during interviews, and his DUI crash with two women in the back seat are all events that occurred in the first year of his title reign.

/thread

I wouldn't say it's racism at all, but lots of people (myself included) do consider DC to be quite phony. He's fairly arrogant (I remember an instance when he was commentating a LHW fight and openly and condescendingly laughed off Latifi's challenge of him - and that's just off the top of my head), and his ego can't handle anyone considering themselves better than him, or even on his level. There are times when he can't control himself either, like the shoe-throwing scrum between him and Jones. Would an actual nice guy start a fight just because someone's forehead touched theirs?

There are several other reasons to dislike DC as well (fleeing the LHW division, looking for money fights instead of proper title defenses, obnoxious commentating, etc.), but the above examples are the ones relevant to the "nice guy" angle.

Any parent worth their salt can spot a liar and an actor/actress in a heartbeat.

And for what it's worth... DC comes off as phony as fuck too. He tries way too hard to act like the good guy.

Running into a pregnant lady and then saying "let's be honest, I changed that woman and babies life" was kind of the nail in the coffin for me.

Jon Jones is a wild motherfucker. Gotta keep up a nice facade, though, in order to function in society. It also helps him keep a certain balance instead of going completely off the rails.

Case in point: Jon Jones is a wild motherfucker who tries to act like a good person. He kind of got his shit together.

Conor McDeleter is a wild motherfucker who tries to act like El Chapo and breaks bread with the Irish cartel. He's gone completely off the rails.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

He's not a particularly good actor.

Back