How did a perry hypetrain even happen?

Conor haters jump from bandwagon to bandwagon hoping to find someone because they missed on the one guy that made it.

Lol seriously. That's all it is. They feel like idiots cause they slept on the biggest fighter of all time and it has them doubting they even really know anything about MMA.

Which is true. They don't.

like Conor didn't lose???

I seriously don't get how out of touch with reality Conor nutsack grabbers are.

Conor lost before he went to the UFC.
Conor lost WHILE in the UFC...
and yet they behave like he is unbeaten...

He did not say Conner never lost but to compare Perry to Conner was a joke. I did not know much about the guy but last night showed his skills are a joke. Every fighter loses but you can see how great they are by how they fight in the ring. Silva had loses to cans and his lose to Cho was when he been in game for a while but he still up there in rating you can see his skill.

He's a jacked whiteboy with vicious KO power, was on a winning streak, and a mantra similar to Phil Baroni. How do you NOT jump on this guys hypetrain??

Some sort of conor/anti conor hangover circle jerk.

I always tell people, hockey teams usually take on the qualities of their best players. In this case, MMA fans are reaching for the qualities of their top star, Conor. It's goofy non-sense.

You have to dance around circle jerks to find hints of a conversation on here in the past year. Conor has amped up the fighter fan population on Sherdog.

Ugh so fucking true. When I first lurked the conversations would centre around actual Fight dynamics and techniques. Then somewhere along the way it started to become more about fanbases than the actual fights.

Which is alright, we're all fans of fighters. But it cluttered the boards with so much uselsss nonsense that you have to spend so much time digging and skipping through shit posts to find anything relevant.

It didn't start with Conor though, I say when Pride closed and UFC became the main MMA promotion did it fully start to happen. Conor was just the largest, biggest influx of it that it was massively disruptive to the functioning of the boards.

It all started with Conor. He started out as a joke hype train, a few people were saying he was the goat before he was even in the UFC. When he beat Brimage more people started joking maybe is is the goat. Some people trolled, some people said it sarcastically, some people really believed it, then when he turned out to be legit that validated all of them. Since then people have been doing the same thing, once some one starts a hype train about a new fighter they think will be the next big thing, everyone else jumps on too hoping they'll be right, then jump off when they're wrong. It's fun to root for some one, it's fun to annoy people with outlandish comments that this new guy will KO everyone, but once the fighter loses everyone usually jumps off.

It was over the top but not really a joke.

That can't be true. Perry has the same fans Conor has. The critical thinkers around here don't like either.
Funny. I like Conor (who actually has talent) and despise Perry (who is Bellator fodder).

I think it's a troll job. I found it funny.

like Conor didn't lose???

I seriously don't get how out of touch with reality Conor nutsack grabbers are.

Conor lost before he went to the UFC.
Conor lost WHILE in the UFC...

and yet they behave like he is unbeaten...

see-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

He's a jacked whiteboy with vicious KO power, was on a winning streak, and a mantra similar to Phil Baroni. How do you NOT jump on this guys hypetrain??

Maybe because of his fake-ass personality and the fact he used to make a career out of heaping misfortune on other people?

It didn't start with Conor though, I say when Pride closed and UFC became the main MMA promotion did it fully start to happen. Conor was just the largest, biggest influx of it that it was massively disruptive to the functioning of the boards.

Yup, you're right, and I think that's a strength for MMA in the end, as much as it must suck for the biggest purist.

Pre-Conor, the forums were getting low, lots of dying talk, but it made room for actual fight discussion. Not much, but more than usual.

Then Conor came and it was Brocktober since. The change has been very notable imo.

From what I understand the Platinum craze started because the Non Conor fans got tired that the heavies were filled with Conor threads. So they created fake hype around another confident fighter and hyped him as much if not more in spite. Just like any joke on sherdog, it got taken seriously by idiots and it got out of control.

He has only 1 loss, Connor has 3, so Platinum stil the GOD, Connor's kiss his feet.

Conor got beat by a couple of guys who wouldn't touch him now. He fought above his walk around weight against a guy that outstruck Cerrone, and lost. Then he avenged it (albeit narrowly). He took two belts to become the first ever concurrent double champ and he made the guys he beat look like clowns while doing it.

He's not a perfect fighter but you can't argue that he hasn't justified the hype.
he got preferable matches and avoided all top fighters while getting his title shot.
If you claim he lost to guys he would beat now, I can certainly argue he won by a fluke punch.
and even though he was 1-1 in his last 2 fights against a middle of the pack LW, he got an undeserving title shot, just to accomplish something that Aldo would have accomplished before him if Dana wouldn't have cock-blocked him. So forgive me if I don't think that Conor was the first if same rules applied to everyone.

Oh, and let us not forget Conor forfeited his belt because he refused to defend them... and is trying to do the same for his LW belt as well...

If you want to be fair, you can't porp one person and beat on the other guy.

He did not say Conner never lost but to compare Perry to Conner was a joke. I did not know much about the guy but last night showed his skills are a joke. Every fighter loses but you can see how great they are by how they fight in the ring. Silva had loses to cans and his lose to Cho was when he been in game for a while but he still up there in rating you can see his skill.
child, please.
Didn't Conor panic wrestled?
Didn't him GAVE the rear naked against Diaz without any fight?
You seriously think he displayed a lot of skills on that loss? I disagree.

BTW, This is Perry's FIRST loss.
Conot had lost TWICE by the time he completed 10 fights. So give him some credit.

You guys are simply beating on him because you are afraid he will use a page of COnor's book and start getting people on his hype train...

Conor fans are so insecure!!!

His name is Platinum, has a face tattoo, has silver (or platinum) teeth, talks like a crazy ghetto person, says hes going to beat the shit out of people while praising Jesus, compares himself to Ali, has a hot girlfriend, up till now won all his fights by KO and screams at weigh ins. Hype city baby. Whats not to like?

child, please.
Didn't Conor panic wrestled?
Didn't him GAVE the rear naked against Diaz without any fight?
You seriously think he displayed a lot of skills on that loss? I disagree.

BTW, This is Perry's FIRST loss.
Conot had lost TWICE by the time he completed 10 fights. So give him some credit.

You guys are simply beating on him because you are afraid he will use a page of COnor's book and start getting people on his hype train...

Conor fans are so insecure!!!

I was hoping he was going to be good i heard all the hype and he gets beat by a fucking part time fighter. His skills looked like utter shit he had the rounds to show something. Just because your mad that Conner did well does not mean hyping a guy with hardly any skill changes it. I do not view Conner as a goat but the guy beats great fighters Perry lost to a part time male model are you dense.

he got preferable matches and avoided all top fighters while getting his title shot.
If you claim he lost to guys he would beat now, I can certainly argue he won by a fluke punch.
and even though he was 1-1 in his last 2 fights against a middle of the pack LW, he got an undeserving title shot, just to accomplish something that Aldo would have accomplished before him if Dana wouldn't have cock-blocked him. So forgive me if I don't think that Conor was the first if same rules applied to everyone.

Oh, and let us not forget Conor forfeited his belt because he refused to defend them... and is trying to do the same for his LW belt as well...

If you want to be fair, you can't porp one person and beat on the other guy.

He got the shot because he was the featherweight champ it was super fight and they made it. I really do not see why champ fighting another champ is so off happens in boxing all the time. Not to long ago people were talking about wanting champ vs champ bouts but it never happened. Not to mention he total tooled Eddie and knocked out Aldo less then a year before that fight as well. Conner can not make the weight anymore so he stripped 155 has the better match ups anyway. Daiz not best but having wins over Maynard, Cowboy, Johnson and Conner shows he far from sucking.

Last edited:
Back