How did a past his prime Cro Crop beat the No. 6 ranked heavyweight boxer in the world twice?

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This one confuses me. Cro Cop was already past his prime when he got to the UFC. Then a few years later at the end of a mediocre run he gets KO'd three times in a row and cut from the UFC. He goes back to kickboxing and goes on a 7-1 run, winning the K-1 World Grand Prix. People can say it was a weak tournament but he has two wins over Jarrell Miller, undefeated boxer currently ranked 6th in the world, 21-2 kickboxing record with his only two losses to an aging Cro Cop. How did this happen? Does heavyweight kickboxing and boxing just suck that badly?

For starters they are all different sports he beat the 6th ranked boxer in kickboxing after losing 3 mma fights by ko

Kickboxing and boxing, while the names sound similar, are two different worlds.

it's simple, Cro Cop is a beast in the ring but sucks in a cage

He got back in the ring.
He could not fight with same effectivness in the cage as in the ring. Cage gave too much advantage to his opponents.

UFC, cage and american rules were never true picture of Cro Cop`s quality.

Miller had decent experience in kickboxing, it`s not like he just jumped there from boxing. Mirko also beat Zhuravlev who became Glory interim LHW champion, and Londt who won Glory contender tournament. So he beat 3 world class fighters in their prime on the same night.

I think everything mentioned above is true however, Cro Cop said that he struggled in the UFC due to injuries. Aside from his recent knee surgery he's had a pretty good run with injuries since leaving the UFC.

Kickboxing and boxing, while the names sound similar, are two different worlds.

Miller would be undefeated in kickboxing apart from the Cro Cop fights. And we know he has amazing hands. Why was an old Cro Cop the only one who could test him?

I think everything mentioned above is true however, Cro Cop said that he struggled in the UFC due to injuries. Aside from his recent knee surgery he's had a pretty good run with injuries since leaving the UFC.

He's been fighting cans though. The only legitimate opponent he's faced was a chinny light heavyweight. Let's not pretend he could come back to the UFC and have the same success.

He's been fighting cans though. The only legitimate opponent he's faced was a chinny light heavyweight. Let's not pretend he could come back to the UFC and have the same success.
Aliakbari is a top 3 heavyweight prospect (#2 for me) to the ones that follow HW worldwide, that win is more impressive than most of UFC top 10 best wins. Also Roque Martinez isn't a can. Do you follow any MMA outside North America? If not, shut the fuck up and leave this sub forum.

Aliakbari is a top 3 heavyweight prospect (#2 for me) to the ones that follow HW worldwide, that win is more impressive than most of UFC top 10 best wins. Also Roque Martinez isn't a can. Do you follow any MMA outside North America? If not, shut the fuck up and leave this sub forum.

{<jordan}

What a clown. Yeah sure, bud. I gotta hype up cans to post outside the heavies. Lol gtfo. You're lucky I post at all given how dead this place is.

Because Cro Cop is a special fighter, if only you could understand 1/10 of what he has done and how....there will be many more Cains to come, but there wont be another Cro Cop, so follow him when you still can...

Miller benefits from HW boxing having 3 elite fighters above the rest and a bunch of above average to mediocre guys filling out the top 10. Chubby Baby has done a masterful job of beating aged contenders and c+ contenders. If he beats someone like Whyte or Povetkin I might consider his ranking worthwhile...fucking Kyotaro Fujimoto and Spong are in the top 10 for the WBO. Who the fuck did they beat?

Because Crocop is fantastic.

He was top 3 heavyweight kickboxer, in the golden years of K1.
Granted he was way past his best but in his day he was a way better kickboxer than Miller, and they fought in K1....so I guess he just turned back the clock, also weren't those fights in Zagreb?

Miller benefits from HW boxing having 3 elite fighters above the rest and a bunch of above average to mediocre guys filling out the top 10. Chubby Baby has done a masterful job of beating aged contenders and c+ contenders. If he beats someone like Whyte or Povetkin I might consider his ranking worthwhile...fucking Kyotaro Fujimoto and Spong are in the top 10 for the WBO. Who the fuck did they beat?

we complain about MMA but boxing became a joke, an ultimate can crushing contest for a shot at a payday

it's simple, Cro Cop is a beast in the ring but sucks in a cage

Its moreso I'd say that Crocop's decline was less obvious in kickboxing with the large gloves to hide behind, he was also fighting injuried in the UFC.

Honestly as well Miller never really impressed me much as a kickboxer, always looked rather sloppy. Unless he's improved massively I suspect that ranking might be rather questionable.

What a clown. Yeah sure, bud. I gotta hype up cans to post outside the heavies. Lol gtfo. You're lucky I post at all given how dead this place is.
If you think Aliakbari is a can, you're just uneducated about the sport, and then you posting here it's meaningless. People come to this subforum to read interesting & well informed takes about worldwide MMA. Stupid shit from people talking out of their asses it's heavies-shit. Go back there or do not embarrass yourself again here, buddy.

If you think Aliakbari is a can, you're just uneducated about the sport, and then you posting here it's meaningless. People come to this subforum to read interesting & well informed takes about worldwide MMA. Stupid shit from people talking out of their asses it's heavies-shit. Go back there or do not embarrass yourself again here, buddy.

I think that's just the case of a good style matchup, Crocop still has excellent takedown defence and has developed a good clinch game as well so is well suited for a fight like that, I could imagine him testing Blaydes a lot as well.

In his true essence, Cro Cop was always a Kickboxer. He cant properly execute his skills without taking care of takedowns. It is a limiting factor for Standup magicians like him. Also Horsemeat tbh. It seems almost always to be the case when a fighter has success late in his career. He doesnt get tested like in the UFC. Whatever it is, im happy for him. A true legend, not only in fighting but also in his manners and spirit.

Back