how diaz/silva will end

pick999

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
ive been thinking that how it will all end and im 99 percent sure the referee whoever it is that night will stop the fight early when silva rocks diaz and hes getting up and diaz will get mad. do you agree?

Likely Diaz will get crushed, the stoppage will be more than just, but he and all of his fans will complain for the next 5 years over it.

a mismatch of epic proportions, silva via an is normal slaughter

ive been thinking that how it will all end and im 99 percent sure the referee whoever it is that night will stop the fight early when silva rocks diaz and hes getting up and diaz will get mad. do you agree?

tumblr_m68y1yuCtx1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

tumblr_m68y1yuCtx1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Pretty much. This fight is an exciting joke. Like last Sundays main event.

With a retirement speech.

probably- and it applies regardless of who wins/loses...

seriously though- we know the deal here- the fight basically hinges on whether Silva is completely old and done or not. If he's old and done (which I hope he isn't), then Nick will likely pick him apart over five rounds, pouring on the attack with Anderson just sort of moving away and throwing occasional strikes from distance.

If Silva is even an iota of what he was, then Nick is basically a lamb to the slaughter. I hate to say it because I love Diaz but think about the way Anderson tooled a big, strong, durable, aggressive guy like Bonnar. Bonnar's much, much larger than Diaz and while not as good a fighter, I could see Anderson putting Nick down in the same way. Nick tries to walk him down, bully him against the cage and BAM, knee to the midsection, Nick drops.

Anderson loved when fighters would be aggressive toward him because it set up his counter attacks which were precise and vicious. I don't know if he will be gunshy though or just not what he was at all.

I never thought about it but an early stoppage does seem pretty likely.

Both guys have a history of absorbing a ton of punishment without clearly getting KO'd and landing multiple blows in a small stretch of time. I could see a referee jumping in at the first opportunity.

However, Anderson Silva has alligator skin and doesn't show his wounds anywhere near as much as Nick does. Nick's eyebrows will probably burst on the first few punches.

I never thought about it but an early stoppage does seem pretty likely.

Both guys have a history of absorbing a ton of punishment without clearly getting KO'd and landing multiple blows in a small stretch of time. I could see a referee jumping in at the first opportunity.

However, Anderson Silva has alligator skin and doesn't show his wounds anywhere near as much as Nick does. Nick's eyebrows will probably burst on the first few punches.

Nick's been a lot better since he had surgery to treat the scar tissue though, but Condit and GSP didn't hit him nearly as much/as hard as Anderson might.

Round 1 or 2 KO for anderson

probably- and it applies regardless of who wins/loses...

seriously though- we know the deal here- the fight basically hinges on whether Silva is completely old and done or not. If he's old and done (which I hope he isn't), then Nick will likely pick him apart over five rounds, pouring on the attack with Anderson just sort of moving away and throwing occasional strikes from distance.

If Silva is even an iota of what he was, then Nick is basically a lamb to the slaughter. I hate to say it because I love Diaz but think about the way Anderson tooled a big, strong, durable, aggressive guy like Bonnar. Bonnar's much, much larger than Diaz and while not as good a fighter, I could see Anderson putting Nick down in the same way. Nick tries to walk him down, bully him against the cage and BAM, knee to the midsection, Nick drops.

Anderson loved when fighters would be aggressive toward him because it set up his counter attacks which were precise and vicious. I don't know if he will be gunshy though or just not what he was at all.

I think you are exactly right.

Freddie Roach himself has basically said Silva's standup is otherworldly and I think Anderson takes it - barring Father Time's input......be that as it may -

Devil's advocate:

It's been awhile out due to severe injury for Silva who's almost 40, so it remains to see how he will respond to the injury/lay-off/back to back defeats at his age.

Diaz has incredible endurance/durability so it will be interesting to be seen how the fight progresses if he isn't taken out early and we get into the championship rounds - esp. in light of these articles about the new Silva being "huge and muscular" - that's a bigger toll on your tank and it may become a "huge and muscular" liability as the rounds pile on.

or Anderson might showboat himself into fatigue (as he did against Maia way back when) and if this happens, he'd really be in trouble if this is a 5 round fight..unlikely, but who knows how much pressure he's feeling to come back in spectacular fashion, and if Diaz endures the early onslaught, who knows....

I think Diaz will get rocked badly early and get TKO'ed. It would be nice if it turned out to be a good fight but if Silva comes to kill and Diaz taunts leaving his hands down with little head movent I don't see it ending well for him.

80% chance Silva will beat Diaz.
Either by KO, TKO.
Diaz has a a very small chance of eating Silva, maybe a Sub?? Or if Silva somehow gets another freak injury

Back