How Delusional is Jon Fitch?

did you read the original quote? the key phrase is "too early"

PED Fitch will claim his place as the WW GOAT

Fitch beat shields and okami in the last few years. That is very legit even in 2019.

Fitch beat shields and okami in the last few years. That is very legit even in 2019.

He's the best remaining guy in their class, but none of them are close to prime. Look at Jake and Okami's recent fights. The fact he's doing somewhat well vs. Rory give you an idea of what Usman-Rory would look like....

People were all over Silvas nuts for awhile after his first couple UFC fights.

Definitely. but calling him the most hyped guy in all of mma is ridiculous. Not even the top prospect in his weight division at the time. I remember was the betting favorite going into that fight though which was really surprising and got to cash in on that.

I'd actually give a prime Fitch (from maybe 10 years ago) some chance at beating Rory. He had pillow fists but still somewhat effective striking (see Thiago Alves fights). Also, the only D1 wrestler Rory faced was Woodley, who only tried one TD that I remember (he was successful, but Rory got up quickly). I'd still bet on current Rory, but he hasn't fought anyone quite like a young Fitch yet. 41-year old Fitch is a different story.

I actually thought the same thing. What's your assessment of the fight now?

He's the best remaining guy in their class, but none of them are close to prime. Look at Jake and Okami's recent fights. The fact he's doing somewhat well vs. Rory give you an idea of what Usman-Rory would look like....

Outgrappling Okami in 2015 as he did is still a feat.

Fitch isn't delusional at all, he is correct. Ufc didn't want Fitch getting another titleshot and they were looking for a reason to cut him, Okami, Phil Davis, and Shields because all four were boring fighters that could derail young exciting fighters. Look at the record of Condit and ask yourself why the ufc would keep him but cut Shields and Fitch.

Erik Silva was never the most hyped guy in MMA, he seemed like a promising talent but anything more is a sherdog meme. When did you ever see him or hear about him other than during a UFC broadcast or on here?
I believe he said Silva was at his best moment at the time of his UFC career: Young and coming of "two" victories over Lesser ranked opponents.

Back